UK Personal Lines Insurance: Distribution and Marketing 2018
This report explores customer purchasing behavior and how consumer preferences are changing over time. It uncovers the differences, expected market share, key insurance brands, and footprint by product that each key distribution channel accounts for. The report also provides a forecast on how the personal lines distribution split will evolve over the next few years and looks into the key trends and new propositions that may drive this.
Purchasing preferences across all lines of personal insurance indicate that customers continue to purchase via the direct channel more than any other. The channel holds a 44.1% share of the personal lines market following a 2.7 percentage point increase in 2017, and is particularly strong in private motor, the largest line by written premiums, where it holds a 60.1% share. The broker channel also saw an increase in its share, as the affinity, bank, and other categories saw declines. Looking at comparison sites, Compare the Market led the big four in all personal lines, holding a share of over 40% in all four lines despite a sizable advertising push from Confused.com in recent years.
- The direct channel saw significant growth in its market share in 2017 and now holds its highest share on record.
- Aviva is the prevalent brand in the personal lines market according to our 2018 survey results. It finished in the top three for car, home, and travel insurance.
- General insurance marketing spend continues to decline year-on-year.
Reasons to buy
- Understand consumer purchasing decisions and how these will influence the market over the next few years.
- Improve on customer engagement by recognizing what is most important to them and how the purchasing journey can be developed to meet their needs.
- Discover which are the most selected providers across each key distribution channel and which of these channels claim the best levels of customer loyalty.
- Have a view on which insurance brands and products are accounting for the lions share of marketing spend.
- Read about key emerging players, with profiles on startups and apps in the major channels.
Price Comparison Site Channel
Insurance - UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Sector Impact Insurance - UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Sector Impact report provides brief review of the key trends and evolving developments that shape the impact ofView Report
United Kingdom (UK) Pre-Retirement Pensions Market 2020The total UK pensions market grew 16.1% to 16.4bn annual premium equivalent (APE) in 2019. Workplace pensions drove growth as minimum pension contributions increasedView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Personal Lines Insurance Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
Personal lines insurance includes property and casualty insurance products that protect individuals from losses they couldnt afford to cover on their own. These types of insurance lines make it possibleView Report
UK Personal Lines Insurance: Distribution and Marketing 2019Consumers are increasingly purchasing insurance via the direct channel. The channel held a 48.1% share of the personal lines distribution market in 2018,View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request