Payments Landscape in Hungary: Opportunities and Risks to 2022
The "Payments Landscape in Hungary: Opportunities and Risks to 2022", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Hungarian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, and direct debits during the review-period (2014-18e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2018e-22f). It also offers information on the countrys competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings togetherThes research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Hungarian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Hungarian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debits, cards, and cash. It also, includes an overview of the countrys key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Hungarian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- To further accelerate the provision of basic financial services to under-banked consumers, in September 2016 the Hungarian government directed banks to compulsorily offer basic bank accounts in compliance with an EU directive. The government decree outlines the services available to account holders, and caps the monthly fee at 1.5% of the minimum wage, or HUF1,575 ($5.62). Following the central banks mandate to offer basic bank accounts, all major banks - including OTP Bank, Budapest Bank and K&H Bank (a subsidiary of KBC Bank) - now offer low-cost basic bank accounts. Additionally, in October 2016, the government launched a new account-switching service to make switching current accounts faster and easier.
- The Hungarian instant payment service is scheduled to go live in July 2019. The Hungarian financial services provider GIRO Zrt will implement the platform in partnership with Nets A/S group. The system will process credit transfers and other payments within a maximum of five seconds on a 24/7/365 basis. Through the new system it will be possible to initiate payments of up to HUF10m ($35,707.49), and make payments using the recipients email address, mobile phone number or tax identification number, without having to know their bank account number.
- To develop a strong payment infrastructure and encourage card-based payments, the Hungarian government launched a POS installation program in December 2016. The program was developed by the Ministry for National Economy, with HUF2.4tn ($8.6bn) being allocated towards its implementation. As part of the program, the government agreed to offer merchants HUF80,000 ($285.66) per terminal for the procurement and installation of new POS terminals, on the condition that they operate them for at least two years. Furthermore, the government launched the second phase of the program in 2017, extending the subsidy program with a target to install 30,000 more POS terminals over the next few years.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Hungarian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Hungarian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Hungarian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Hungary
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Hungarian cards and payments industry.
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Bahrain Cards and Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 2750View Report
Egypt Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 2750View Report
The Payments Landscape market has witnessed growth from USD XX million to USD XX million from 2014 to 2019. With the CAGR of X.X%, this market is estimated to reachView Report
Payments Landscape in Lithuania: Opportunities and Risks to 2023GlobalDatas Payments Landscape in Lithuania: Opportunities and Risks to 2023 report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Lithuanian cards andView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request