PESTLE Insights: China - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Eastern China accounts for most of the provincial GDP. Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu and Guangdong are the major provinces of Eastern China. Better sea connectivity has boosted manufacturing in these provinces.
Hong Kong remained the major investor in China in 2017, with growth of 16.01% in investment from 2016. Investment from the Netherlands to China grew 291.10% from US$0.56 bn in 2016 to US$2.17 bn in 2017.
Services contributed 51.57% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by manufacturing, mining and utilities with 33.9%, as per the estimations of GlobalData. In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow by 9.5% and 8.8% respectively in 2019.
The SSE Composite Index, widely considered a benchmark of the overall performance of stocks listed in the Shanghai stock market, has exhibited a declining trend. As of January 17, 2019, the SSE Composite Index stood at 2559.64, compared to 3444.67 in January 17, 2018.
- China ranks 26th out of 160 countries as per the World Banks logistics performance index (LPI) in 2018. Its infrastructure spending remains one of the major drivers of its economic growth.
- A 12-month pause in investment-driven policies in the wake of industrial overcapacity and mounting local government debt was relaxed in August 2018. China has continued to spend heavily on infrastructure as a renewed growth strategy, with investment in roads and connectivity continuing to increase.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the countrys snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies presence in these areas.
List of Exhibits 3
Did you Know? 4
Country Highlights 5
Country Snapshot 7
PESTLE Insights 21
Political Landscape 22
Economic Landscape 23
Social Landscape 30
Technological Landscape 33
Legal Landscape 36
Environmental Landscape 37
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: Chinas Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Emerging Asia and the World 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: SSE Composite index 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: Total FDI (2013-2017), FDI by Sector (2017), and Leading FDI by Industry (2017) 16
Exhibit 7: Major Investors Share In Foreign Investments To China (2017) 18
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 24
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 24
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance 25
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance 25
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017 26
Exhibit 14: Electrical Machinery and Equipment, Parts Thereof, and Related Items, % Share In Worlds Total, 2017 26
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates 28
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation 28
Exhibit 17: Public Finance 29
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt 29
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment, 2014-2021f 31
Exhibit 20: Average Yearly Wages, 2014-2021f 31
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index, 2014-2021f 31
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population 32
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share in Total Population 32
Exhibit 24: Gender Split 32
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017 34
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Population, 2018 35
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports), 2016 35
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in China 2019 36
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017 36
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions 37
Ireland PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook ReportMining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 34.9% to the countrys gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and businessView Report
Switzerland PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook ReportFinancial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 27.4% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilitiesView Report
Sweden PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook ReportServices sector contributed 73.3% to gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by industry (25.5%) and agriculture (1.2%) sectors. These sectors are forecasted to sufferView Report
Malaysia PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook ReportAccording It, mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 35.0% to the countrys gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (18.5%) andView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request