DATA, the New Oil - How Tech Transformation can Fuel Efficiencies in Oil and Gas
While the oil & gas sector began looking out for new technologies, adoption has historically been sluggish to go beyond operations. It is now attempting to make up for lost time and businesses are buckling up in terms of investigating and implementing new technologies. The timing seems ideal for digitally-enabled efforts to generate growth in this environment where the world is uncertain. As the sector tries to address its bottlenecks, companies expedite their adoption of technologies like AI, IoT, and analytics to make maximum gain with scanty losses. The report focuses on how the oil & gas sector is leveraging emerging technologies to drive innovation and march towards a massive transformation.
Innovations: presents real-world innovation use cases and examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies by companies as well as startups in the oil & gas sector. It casts light on how tech-enabled innovations are transforming every segment of the sector value chain.
- Theme Exposure: Presents the top themes impacting the sector over the last three years compared to other sectors.
- Innovation Map: key real-world innovation use cases of emerging technologies implemented by enterprises and startups in the sector.
- Innovation Insights: innovation examples by each value chain segment of the sector to present key trends.
- Vendor Map: represents a sample list of vendors in each use case highlighted in the report.
Reasons to Buy
- No surprise that technology has been a driving force in business transformation for years, but the term emerging technologies has all of the sudden became the key catalyst to drive the next wave of innovation across sectors.
- The sense of urgency weighs different across different sectors, where the direct customer-facing sectors are at the forefront compared to other capital-intensive sectors. Companies in one sector can take cues from successful innovations in other sectors to either draw analogies with existing products, services and processes or transfer strategic approaches for a revolutionary transformation.
- Against this backdrop, enterprises need to understand which emerging technologies are impacting their sector and how various companies are implementing them to meet various challenges.
- The innovation landscape report in oil & gas, published by GlobalData as part of an ongoing series, covers some of the key trends, use cases, and real-world examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies across the oil & gas sector value chain.
1. Sector innovation insights: overview
2. What are the key sector strategic challenges faced?
3. Which technologies are helping the sector?
4. Innovation map by sector value chain: key use cases
4.4 End User
5. Vendor map by sector value chain: key use cases
DATA, the New Oil - How Tech Transformation can Fuel Efficiencies in Oil and GasWhile the oil & gas sector began looking out for new technologies, adoption has historically beenView Report
Home as the New Hub - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact on Consumer BehaviorConsumers across the globe are being instructed to stay within the home as far as possible to avoid contractingView Report
Plastic Jar with Scoop Leveler - Wider Opportunities for the New Packaging Concept Plastic Jar with Scoop Leveler - Wider Opportunities for the New Packaging Concept uses Pack-Track packaging innovation toolView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request