Wearable Tech in Oil & Gas - Thematic Research
Wearable tech is still in its infancy in the industrial space, and much of the developments today are largely catering to the demand of the consumer markets. However, oil and gas companies have started evaluating the possibilities of deploying wearable devices in day-to-day operations. Initial research is focused on enabling real-time monitoring of field technicians to ensure safety and in providing them with audiovisual assistance in performing asset maintenance. The eventual goal is to adopt lightweight, yet rugged wearable devices to improve safety and efficiency in oilfield operations.
The major area of interest is the ability of wearable tech to free up the wearers hands, enabling him to perform tasks without any hindrance. Moreover, wearable devices can augment natural human capabilities, such as enhanced vision or smell (gas detection), thereby adding productivity and safety in oil field operations. These aspects of wearable tech are encouraging oil and gas companies to adopt helmets, smart glasses, wristbands, and other devices that incorporate technologies like wireless connectivity, artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR).
- Overview of the emergence of wearable tech as a theme in the oil and gas industry and its impact on operations.
- Detailed analysis of the emerging use cases for wearable tech across the oil and gas value chain.
- A brief overview of the major application areas for wearable tech in the oil and gas industry.
- Analysis of the wearable tech industry along with its use cases across different industry verticals.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the importance of adopting wearable technology in oil and gas operations.
- A review of some of the case studies highlighting the growing capabilities of wearable in addressing business challenges across the oil and gas value chain.
- Identify and benchmark key oil and gas companies and technology providers based on their exposure to wearable theme.
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 5
Technology trends 7
Macroeconomic trends 11
Regulatory trends 13
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 14
Market size and growth forecasts 14
Competitive analysis 16
Mergers and acquisitions 17
Use cases 19
VALUE CHAIN 21
App layer 21
Data layer 22
Connectivity layer 22
Device layer 23
Smart glasses 23
Fitness trackers 24
Smart clothes 25
CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SECTOR SCORECARD 29
Whos who 29
Thematic screen 30
Valuation screen 31
Risk Screen 32
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 36
Wearable Tech in Oil & Gas - Thematic ResearchWearable tech is still in its infancy in the industrial space, and much of the developments today are largely catering to theView Report
North America M2m Iot Wearable Technology Ecosystems Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The North America M2m Iot Wearable Technology Ecosystems market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XXView Report
Tech Innovator Profile -CellwizeCellwize is a provider of Mobile Network Automation solutions and a developer of innovative connectivity management and optimization solutions that allows the mobile network operators and digitalView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request