Space Systems in Aerospace and Defense - Thematic Research
The government sector (including the military) has historically been a primary driver for the space systems market. However, in terms of population commercial satellites have come to dominate, representing 46% of operational satellites in 2019, in comparison to the 34% share of combined government and military satellites. The remaining 20% is comprised of civil-use satellites, and satellites with mixed functions. The global satellite industry as a whole has a positive outlook, with the industry expected to grow from US$350m in 2019 to US$1 - 2.7tn in 2040. Defense and aerospace giants such as Boeing, Airbus and Lockheed Martin are leveraging their existing experience and expertise to carve out a sizeable position in the defense space systems industry as they look to cash in on the potential of future space systems. However, with the economic potential of the commercialization of space being so great, new, close-to-pureplay firms such as SpaceX and Ball Aerospace are establishing themselves in the market.
The development of space systems will shape the future defense industry. The commercialization of space is a key driver in the contemporary space systems market, with technological advances not only improving the capabilities of satellites but reducing costs throughout the supply chain. Increasingly powerful smallsats, in conjunction with retrievable and reusable launch vehicles, will mean that the global space commons are likely to be dominated by massive commercial constellations, such as SpaceXs Starlink and Amazons Kuiper constellations. However, this commercialization will bring benefits to defense space systems, as cost will reduce, and capabilities increase. It is likely that space will increasingly become a theatre in which peer adversary contest are fought.
- Demand in Space Systems in aerospace and defense will be driven by a number of economic and technological factors such as new technologies including smallsats, new launch capabilities, and ASAT weapons, as well as geopolitical incentives.
Reasons to Buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global Aerospace & Defense.
- Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Mergers and acquisitions
Space Systems in Aerospace and Defense - Thematic ResearchThe government sector (including the military) has historically been a primary driver for the space systems market. However, in terms of populationView Report
Advanced Materials in Aerospace and Defense - Thematic ResearchThis report focuses on Advance materials used in aerospace and defense applications. Advanced materials offer significant opportunities to provide an operational advantageView Report
L-3 Unmanned Systems Inc - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance ReportL-3 Unmanned Systems Inc - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information.View Report
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems Inc - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance ReportGeneral Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems Inc - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a sourceView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request