Electric Aircraft in Aerospace and Defense - Thematic Research
Electric aircraft utilize a wide range of technologies from multiple domains, from the basic airframe components inherent to every aircraft, to advanced batteries and electronics. However, this thematic report shall focus upon the enabling technologies that distinguish electric aircraft from existing aircraft relying upon hydrocarbon energy for propulsion. This report looks at key products used in electric aircraft.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
Whilst the ambition for the development of electric aircraft has been persistent throughout the age of flight, only recently has other technological advances facilitated an advance which makes the possibility of electric aircraft seem more likely. This development has been heralded as the Third Age of Flight, a revolution in the aviation industry comparable to the advent of jet propulsion and heavier-than-air flight. Electric propulsion, or electric aircraft, describes the range of fixed-wing aircraft and rotorcraft which at least in part rely upon electricity to power their propulsion.
Whilst still a nascent market segment, electric aircraft have the potential to disrupt the existing aerospace industry, providing a challenge to the dominance of hydrocarbon propulsion. In the context of climate change, electric aircraft may have an advantage commercially going forward as emissions standards and carbon taxes increase the cost of operating a hydrocarbon fleet. There are three options available to aircraft developers in regard to electric aircraft; hybrid-electric propulsion, turbo-electric propulsion, or all-electric propulsion.
- Demand for electric aircraft-related products will be driven by increasing global demand for efficiency and climate responsibility in commercial aviation, aswell as changing passenger habits, and increased demand for pseudo-satellite capabilities.
- There will be a significant spending push in electric aircraft-related technologies - including battery development and HAPS systems.
Reasons to Buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global Aerospace & Defense.
- Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Electric Aircraft in Aerospace and Defense - Thematic ResearchElectric aircraft utilize a wide range of technologies from multiple domains, from the basic airframe components inherent to every aircraft, to advancedView Report
The global market size of Manned Electric Aircraft is $XX million in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million by theView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Aircraft Interior Refurbishment &Repair Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
Aircraft interior refurbishment &repair is to compliance with Airworthiness Directives or Service Bulletins.Refurbishment &repair is highly regulated, in order to ensure safe and correct functioning during flight. National regulations areView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Jet Trainer Aircraft Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
A jet trainer is a jet aircraft for use as a trainer, whether for basic or advanced flight training. Jet trainers are either custom designs or modifications of existing aircraft.TheView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request