Augmented Reality in Aerospace and Defense - Thematic Research
Augmented reality (AR) allows the user to see the real world overlaid with a layer of digital content. This digital content layer can include sensor-based data, sound, video, graphics, GPS information or other datasets. Augmented Reality in Aerospace and Defense - Augmented Reality represents an important future market in aerospace and defense, which will create signficant value especially as other technologies, such as big data, become more intigrated into millitary operations.
The report Augmented Reality summarizes the augmented reality market and provides information about the business opportunities in it and the direction of market trends
AR so far has only had limited uptake in aerospace and defense, but a number of aeropace and defense primes are beginning to capitalize on its utility and start to develop augmented reality solutions for the manufacturing and maintenance process.
Augmented Reality is the enhancement of real-world environments where objects in the real world are layered with computer generated information. This can include visual, auditory or haptic information.
Augmented reality (AR) will be a significant market within the aerospace and defense. As devices within the internet of things start to feed increasing amounts of data back to users, AR will gain in utility. The technology has already proved itself in the manufacturing process, with companies like Lockheed using it in the production of NASAs Orion spacecraft. AR solutions in manufacturing have significant cost saving potential, but have some way to go before they are used regularly in defense settings.
The development of AR is dependent on both hardware and software advances, and is expected to be a driver for those markets. For example, several companies are developing software applications for Microsoft Hololens, although it is still seen as too bulky to be used on potentially risky operations. As AR hardware becomes more advanced companies will start to work on software solutions and the applications of AR within aerospace and defense will increase. AR can provide significant use within maintenance and product developments, and will find increasing value within these sectors.
- Augmented reality will find myriad applications in several industries, and reach a market size of $76n by 2030.
- Aerospace and Defense companies will have to work with technology companies to develop appropriate technnology.
- AR has the potential to create significant cost savings in maintenance and can contribute to the development of future technology.
- The main trends in Augmented Reality over the next 12 to 34 months are highlighted. We classify these trends into five catagories: Technology Trends, Media Trends, Regulatory Trends, Macroeconomic Trends, Aerospace and Defense Trends.
- The report includes an in-depth industry analysis of augmented reality and key use cases highlights how aerospace and defense primes, millitaries and governments have started to utilize it.
- This report in part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our "thematic engine".
Reasons to Buy
- Determine potential investment companies based on trend analysis and market projections.
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the technology and the market surrounding the technology, as well as how other technologies are likely to benefit from AR.
- Increase your understanding of the current AR market and understand the barriers that exist for its future development.
Aerospace and Defense trends
Market size and growth forecasts
Mergers and acquisitions
Impact of Augmented Reality on aerospace and defense
Industry case studies
Military case studies
Key recommendations for aerospace & defense vendors
Apps and content
Aerospace and defense companies
Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
Augmented Reality (AR) in Sport - Thematic Research
Augmented Reality (AR) in Sport - Thematic ResearchAn analysis of the current landscape of the augmented reality industry, and its connections to sport.Augmented reality is a fast moving industry thatView Report
Augmented Reality (AR) in Power - Thematic Research
Augmented Reality (AR) in Power - Thematic ResearchAR provides power utilities with numerous possibilities to tackle some of their most chronic problems, such as simplifying assembly, inspection, and maintenance operations.View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request