Success Case Study: Lucozade Sport FitWater - Enhancing functional drink appeal outside sport participation
With functional drinks continuing to gain momentum among health- and wellness-focused consumers, opportunities have emerged to marry that functionality with the simplicity and naturalness of water, while targeting a wider range of occasions such as sports nutrition and hydration.
In 2017, leading British sports drink brand Lucozade expanded its range beyond its typical products into bottled water for the first time. FitWater contain four key electrolytes: magnesium, calcium, sodium, and chloride. It quickly rose to second place in the functional water category in the UK.
- FitWater has successfully appealed to a wider range of consumers who may have a "fitness-inspired lifestyle" or more active interest in wellness. It has taken sports nutrition concepts into everyday behaviors. The product offers functionality for exercise but also daily hydration and wellness needs.
- When combined with claims such as "zero sugar," "zero calorie," and "free-from" (e.g. "gluten-free"), functional product appeal can be widened beyond sports participation and can embrace facets that are on-trend in a wider food and soft drink market sense.
Reasons to buy
- Increase chances of success by learning from brands/products that have performed well.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Summary: Lucozade Sport FitWater
Success Case Study: Coles Little Shop Campaign - How a miniature campaign yielded massive rewards Success Case Study: Coles Little Shop Campaign , is part of Its Successes and Failures research. ItView Report
Success Case Study: Strong Roots - Creative frozen vegetable brand catering to multiple consumer trends
Success Case Study: Strong Roots - Creative frozen vegetable brand catering to multiple consumer trends Success Case Study: Strong Roots , is part of Its Successes and Failures research. It examines theView Report
Case Study: Airbnb’s affiliations with DMOs and governments - How and why Airbnb is growing co-operation with DMOs and governments
Case Study: Airbnbs affiliations with DMOs and governments - How and why Airbnb is growing co-operation with DMOs and governmentss Tourism Case Study Airbnbs affiliations with DMOs and governments -View Report
Case Study: Hotel Chain Brand Differentiation - How major companies are using an array of brands to appeal to all
Case Study: Hotel Chain Brand Differentiation - How major companies are using an array of brands to appeal to allTourism Case Study Hotel Chain Brand Differentiation - How major companiesView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request