ForeSights: Cannabidiol - A natural compound in cannabis renowned for its health properties
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound that is naturally found in the cannabis plant that is thought to have therapeutic properties with commercial potential.
Derived from the cannabis plant, CBD is a plant-based compound that is believed to help prevent seizures caused by specific types of epilepsy. Advocates of CBD believe that the non-psychoactive compound (which lacks THC) may also benefit cognitive function, alleviate stress and anxiety, fight inflammation, relieve pain, and even improve mood.
- CBD is one of nearly 90 phyto-cannabinoids (compounds in the leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds) of the Cannabis sativa plant, thought to have therapeutic properties (anti-inflammatory, analgesic, etc.).
- It is derived from the same plant as marijuana, though it comes from a type of cannabis (typically hemp) that has little or none of the psychoactive chemical THC that provides a "high."
- CBDs health properties are the subject of debate. The US FDA is close to approving a pharmaceutical-grade form of CBD (Epidiolex) to treat seizures associated with two rare forms of epilepsy after successful clinical tests.
- It may have the potential to address key health issues that consumers say they are willing to pay to treat, including tiredness, fatigue, stress, insomnia, arthritis, and depression.
- Consumer goods firms are already experimenting with CBD as an ingredient though its health properties are unproven. Functional water has emerged as a major point of entry for CBD. Skincare and pet care are other possibilities for CBD.
- CBDs legal status is murky at best. Countries like the US, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, and the UK have eased regulations around CBD in recent years, though regulations can vary from one place to another.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
ForeSights: Stores on Wheels - The next-generation mobile concept bringing retail closer to the consumer
ForeSights: Stores on Wheels - The next-generation mobile concept bringing retail closer to the consumer ForeSights: Stores on Wheels , is part of The ForeSights series, which identifies weak signals and considersView Report
ForeSights: Anti-Pollution Food and Drinks - Countering the effects of air pollution through diet ForeSights: Anti-Pollution Food and Drinks , explores the prospect of food and drinks that claim to defend againstView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request