Tourism Destination Market Insights - Western Europe (2020)
This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Western Europe as a destination market.
- France is the most visited country in the world, welcoming 85.8 million visitors in 2019. France is popular amongst European tourists, with the UK, Germany and Belgium being the biggest source markets. However, France is also a popular country for visitors from further afield including China and the United States.
- Spain is the second most visited country in the world, welcoming 83.7 million tourists in 2019.
- Second city travel and traveling off the beaten path is one of the biggest travel trends of the present time. This movement is favored as overtourism in popular destinations such as Venice and Barcelona is posing serious problems for the sustainability of future travel in these destinations. Second city tourism has helped cities like Bordeaux and Naples to thrive.
- With a plethora of leisure activities it is unsurprising that leisure tourism is so popular in Western Europe. In 2019, leisure tourism made up 61.9% of all tourism that year.
- This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Western Europe as a destination market.
Reasons to Buy
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in this highly popular tourist destination region.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Western Europe Overview
New Flight Routes
Types of tourism
Destination focus: Spain
Spain: the tourism industry
Attractions & City focus
Airlines & Hotels
Destination focus: Switzerland
Switzerland: The tourism industry
Attractions & City focus
Risk & SWOT Analysis
Tourism Source Market Insight - South Korea (2021)GlobalDatas Tourism Source Market Insight - South Korea (2021) report provides a thorough insight into South Koreas intra-regional and outbound tourism market. TheView Report
Impact of Terrorism and Conflicts on Travel and Tourism Industry - Thematic ResearchEvery terror attack or the upheaval caused by global conflict can impact the travel and tourism industry. RegardlessView Report
Tourism Destination Market Insight - ASEAN (2021)Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities in the ASEAN region. This report explores the types of travelersView Report
Tourism Destination Market Insights - Japan (2020)This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Japan as a destination market.KeyView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request