Tourism Source Market Insight: South Africa
Tourism Source Market Insight: South Africa report provides a thorough insight into the South African domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report looks at the profiles of South African tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the South African outbound travel market.
- In 2018, South Africa residents took 6.21 million international trips and 16.2 million domestic trips.
- Inbound tourism spending totaled $9.3bn in 2018 while outbound spending totaled $6.8bn.
- In 2018, South Africans between the age of 35 and 49 are taking the most holidays with 6.3 million international and domestic trips being taken. It is expected to grow with a CAGR of 1.66% between 2019 and 2023.
- This report is part of GlobalDatas Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the South African outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the South African domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of South African tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the South African market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
At a glance: The South African tourist market in 2018
Risks to outbound South African tourism
Which types of holiday do South African travelers take and which do they not?
Which factors motivate South African travelers when choosing a holiday?
Insight into South African tourists
Main and Developing Destinations
Where did South African tourists travel to in 2018?
Threats and opportunities for South African tourism
Terminology and definitions
About the Author
GlobalData at a glance
Sustainability in Travel and Tourism - Thematic ResearchSustainability has been a major theme in the Travel & Tourism sector for a number of years. However, it is now becoming aView Report
Sports Tourism - Thematic ResearchA thematic look at the current sports tourism industry.A thorough analysis of the current sports tourism industry, and a look at its potential future.Impact of COVID-19View Report
The excimer laser is the powerful light source in the ultraviolet (UV) region of the electromagnetic spectrum. In the context of China-US trade war and COVID-19 epidemic, it will haveView Report
In the context of China-US trade war and COVID-19 epidemic, it will have a big influence on this market. Cold Light Source Report by Material, Application, and Geography GlobalView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request