Belgium - The Future of Foodservice to 2023
Belgium ranked 27th out of 136 nations in the GCRI* Q4 2018. The countrys score is in the very low risk nations band (below 30). Government debt is high, at roughly 100% of GDP, with a budget deficit of 0.8% of GDP. In 2018, unemployment was reasonably high at 6.4%, and inflation stood at 2.05%1.
Growth across all profit sector channels is, and is forecast to continue being, primarily attributed to rising transaction numbers, rather than outlet number expansion, as the historic cities approach saturation and desirable locations become increasingly sparse.
The paradigm shift towards convenience driven purchases is becoming increasingly pervasive worldwide, and Belgium is no exception; growth in revenue generated from takeaway transactions is forecast to be stronger than that of dine-in transactions in most of the channels.
Belgium - The Future of Foodservice to 2023 published by GlobalData provides extensive insight and analysis of the Belgium Foodservice market over the next five years (2018-2023) and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers. The report includes -
- Overview of Belgiums macro-economic landscape: Detailed analysis of current macro-economic factors and their impact on Belgiums foodservice market including GDP per capita, consumer price index, population growth and annual household income distribution.
- Growth dynamics: In-depth data and forecasts of key channels (QSR, FSR, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) within Belgiums foodservice market, including the value of the market, number of transactions, number of outlets and average transaction price.
- Customer segmentation: identify the most important demographic groups, buying habits and motivations that drive out-of-home meal occasions among segments of the Austrian population.
- Key players: Overview of market leaders within the four major channels including business descriptions and number of outlets.
- Case Studies: Learn from examples of recent successes and failures within the Belgian foodservice market.
- Belgium continues to offer low risk to investors looking to enter the market, which has continued to grow in recent years, owing mostly to rising numbers of transactions.
- However, the increasing saturation of historic cities in the country is making opening new locations increasingly difficult, especially with convenience a crucial concern for busy consumers.
- This is helping to drive stronger takeaway sales, although this difference remains marginal.
Reasons to buy
- Specific forecasts of the foodservice market over the next five years (2018-2023) will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) will allow readers to understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.
- Relevant case studies will allow readers to learn from and apply lessons discovered by emerging and major players within Belgiums foodservice market.
Introducing the Consumer Segments
Profit Sector Metrics
Profit Sector by Channel
Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
Full Service Restaurants (FSR)
Pubs, Clubs and Bars
Cost Sector Metrics
Cigarettes in Belgium, 2020Cigarettes in Belgium, 2020 is an analytical report by that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the tobacco market in Belgium. ItView Report
Belgium Beverages Tracker - Q2 2020 Belgium Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q2-20 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with theView Report
Gas to Liquids (Oil and Gas) - Thematic ResearchGas to liquids (GTL) is a conversion process that provides an avenue to monetize stranded and flared gases. Various high value productsView Report
Arctic and High North (Militarization) - Thematic ResearchThis report focuses on the militarization of the Arctic and High North. The Arctic region is becoming increasingly important as climate change-induced iceView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request