Philippines - The Future of Foodservice to 2023
Overall sales in the profit sector rose at a CAGR of 4.8% between 2016 and 2018. Value growth is forecast to accelerate to 2023, at a strong CAGR of 5.3%. Growth in the overall profit sector reflects the rising urbanization and increased consumer confidence present in the Philippines. Due to the countrys large number of lower-earning consumers, there is a high degree of price sensitivity across all channels. As a result, value and the availability of inexpensive offerings is a key factor driving the profit sector foodservice market. As incomes and urbanization continue to rise, convenience is expected to become an increasingly important consideration.
Philippines - The Future of Foodservice to 2023 published by GlobalData provides extensive insight and analysis of the Filipino Foodservice market over the next five years (2018-2023) and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers. The report includes -
- Overview of the Philippines macro-economic landscape: Detailed analysis of current macro-economic factors and their impact on the Philippines foodservice market including GDP per capita, consumer price index, population growth and annual household income distribution.
- Growth dynamics: In-depth data and forecasts of key channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea Shops, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) within the Filipino foodservice market, including the value of the market, number of transactions, number of outlets and average transaction price.
- Customer segmentation: identify the most important demographic groups, buying habits and motivations that drive out-of-home meal occasions among segments of the Filipino population.
- Key players: Overview of market leaders within the four major channels including business descriptions and number of outlets.
- Case Studies: Learn from examples of recent successes and failures within the Filipino foodservice market.
- Although independent operators claimed a 61.2% share of channel revenue in 2018, the top five QSR brands in the country accounted for a combined 71.1% share of the market, a high level of consolidation for the region.
- The FSR channel is the go-to channel for consumers seeking a higher quality and service from the operator and is the Philippines second-largest profit sector foodservice channel in terms of sales value, accounting for 22.9% of total sector revenue in 2018.
- Branding plays a key role in the coffee and tea shops channel, with consumers willing to seek out and go out of their way to visit, their favorite branded operator. As smartphones become more embedded in the Philippines, especially among the young and affluent consumers, brand loyalty can be leveraged by launching smartphone-based loyalty schemes, emulating those used heavily in other regional markets, such as Japan and China.
Reasons to buy
- Specific forecasts of the foodservice market over the next five years (2018-2023) will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea shops, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) will allow readers understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.
- Relevant case studies will allow readers to learn from and apply lessons discovered by emerging and major players within the Philippines foodservice market.
Introducing the Consumer Segments
Profit Sector Metrics
Profit Sector by Channel
Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
Full Service Restaurants (FSR)
Coffee and Tea Shops
Pubs, Clubs and Bars
Cost Sector Metrics
Philippines Beverages Tracker - Q2 2020 Philippines Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q2-20 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with theView Report
Construction in the Philippines - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024The Philippine construction industry has been severely affected by the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. predicts that the industrysView Report
Gas to Liquids (Oil and Gas) - Thematic ResearchGas to liquids (GTL) is a conversion process that provides an avenue to monetize stranded and flared gases. Various high value productsView Report
Arctic and High North (Militarization) - Thematic ResearchThis report focuses on the militarization of the Arctic and High North. The Arctic region is becoming increasingly important as climate change-induced iceView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request