The Baby Food Sector in Russia, 2019
The Baby Food Sector in Russia, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Russia market.
Despite financial incentives to encourage couples to have children, the number of births dropped to 1.6 million in 2018, 18% down on the 2014 peak. Income levels were hit hard by the 2015-2016 recession and remain well down on pre-crisis levels; wages and consumer spending power are much higher in urban than rural areas. Although the baby food sector has begun to recover as the economy has improved, consumption in 2018 was only 4% up on the 2016 low.
Meanwhile, although per capita consumption dipped in 2015-2016, it has now more than recovered. Value sales have risen significantly due to the devaluation of the Ruble and high levels of imports. The government is keen to develop its domestic baby food industry, and provides subsidies to encourage local production of infant formula. Until recently Danone was the only major producer of infant formula locally, but Nestl has a facility due to come on stream during 2019, and a number of investments by local companies are likely to bear fruit in the next few years. Most infant formula is currently imported. The drop in the number of babies and rising levels of breastfeeding will act as a brake on the development of the market, compounded by an economic situation that remains challenging. From 2018 to 2024, baby food consumption is forecast to increase by just 1%.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- Income levels were hit hard by the recession in 2015-2016 and remain well down on pre-crisis levels. Wages and consumer spending power are much higher in urban areas, with the proportion of low income families living in rural areas much higher.
- Value sales have risen significantly (+XX %) , to RUB XX billion (US$ XX billion) due to the devaluation of the Ruble and the high level of imports.
- Milks are more important in value terms, accounting XX % of the total, with meals taking XX %.
- Domestic production of meals, drinks and cereals is well-developed, with multinationals and local companies alike manufacturing for the domestic and export markets.
- Russian baby food sector is relatively concentrated, with the top five - three local companies (Progress, Sadi Pridonya and Wimm-Bill-Dann) and two multinationals Nestl and Danone)- accounting for XX % of volume. Nestl and Danone dominate sector value with a combined share of XX % in 2018, but they hold only XX % of volume.
- Baby stores are important in the distribution of baby milks, and accounted for XX % of the total milks category in 2018, while pharmacies represented a further XX %.
- Although the economy has returned to growth, the picture remains challenging. In the first quarter of 2019 the consumer confidence index rose by one percentage point.
- The drop in the number of babies born, and rising levels of breastfeeding will act as a brake on the development of the market.
Reasons to buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Background to the Market
Production & Trade
Prospects & Forecasts
Malaysia Air Conditioner Market By Product Type (Splits, VRFs, Chillers, Windows, and Others (Portable, Floor Standing, etc.)), By End Use Sector (Residential Vs Commercial/Industrial), By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2025
Malaysia Air Conditioner Market By Product Type (Splits, VRFs, Chillers, Windows, and Others (Portable, Floor Standing, etc.)), By End Use Sector (Residential Vs Commercial/Industrial), By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2025 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 3450View Report
Savory Baked Goods (Savory and Deli Foods) Market in the United States of America - Outlook to 2024; Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics (updated with COVID-19 Impact)
Savory Baked Goods (Savory and Deli Foods) Market in the United States of America - Outlook to 2024; Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics (updated with COVID-19 Impact)Savory Baked GoodsView Report
China Baby Food, 2020 China Baby Food 2020 is an analytical report by Global Data which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Chinese market.ConsumptionView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request