Niche Tourism - Thematic Research
Beach holidays and city breaks have typically been the main options for the mass-market in the past. Skiing, safari, and sports tourism are among the most well-established types of niche tourism but as travelers all over the world demand more personalization, companies have to adapt to changing consumer demand with even more offerings.
Companies can use a range of techniques to attract different types of tourists and with the right niche offering; almost every consumer could be tempted to spend on a holiday.
Through offering experiences not found elsewhere, countries can build their own brand image and entice potential travelers away from more traditional destinations. Sampling local cuisine or trying out an adventure activity would be part of a trip but the niche tourism trend has now progressed into something more than that - travelers are visiting destinations specifically for the unique experiences they offer.
Before the internet, it would have been difficult to connect a group of travelers with a specific interest but through social media, these groups are now able to thrive.
Travel agents such as STA and Responsible Travel offer a range of niche experiences and TripAdvisor through its subsidiary Viator offers cultural tours, LGBTQ+ history tours, and food and wine tours, amongst a wide range of others.
- This report provides an overview of one of the hot tourism trends of the moment, niche tourism.
- It clearly defines and explains the concept of niche tourism and explores its multi-faceted nature.
- It identifies the trends driving the growth of niche tourism and provides several case studies that clearly illustrate the types of travel that are becoming increasingly popular.
- It provides an inisght into company strategies aimed at exploiting this growing theme.
- It analyzes the value cahin present within niche tourism.
Reasons to buy
- Understand what is meant by niche tourism.
- Learn about how niche tourism is multi-faceted and can help attract a wide range of traveler types.
- Assess the strategies that companies are adopting to tap into growing demand for different experiences.
- View real-world case studies from across the travel & tourism sector.
Trends contributing to the growth of niche tourism
Niche tourism trends in travel and tourism
Swimming pigs of the Bahamas
Chernobyl exclusion zone
Game of Thrones Tours in Dubrovnik
G Adventures Antarctic Expedition Cruises
Mergers and acquisitions
Impact of niche tourism on the travel and tourism industry
Recommendations for travel and tourism companies
Publicly traded companies
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Case Study: Halal Tourism - An insight into a growing niche tourism trendThis market is growing fast, from 140 million travellers in 2018 to an estimated 230 million in 2026,View Report
Niche Tourism - Thematic ResearchBeach holidays and city breaks have typically been the main options for the mass-market in the past. Skiing, safari, and sports tourism are among the mostView Report
Wearable Tech in Travel & Tourism - Thematic ResearchThe integration of Wearable Tech is still very much developing across the travel and tourism industry, yet alongside other areas of IoTView Report
Big Data in Travel and Tourism - Thematic ResearchBig data is increasingly important for travel and tourism companies as the sheer amount of data collected needs to be properly analysedView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request