Sustainability in Travel & Tourism - Thematic Research
A common misconception is that the term sustainability only regards the conservation of the environment. There are three main pillars within sustainability: environmental, social, and economic. The environmental pillar gets the most attention, as companies have found that having a beneficial impact on the planet can also have a positive impact on their revenues.
The term green-washing was coined after companies began making unsubstantiated or misleading claims about the environmental benefits of their products. This trend has caused terms such as eco and green to become meaningless in some situations.
There is not an instant fix to combat unsustainable impacts which have been created or exacerbated by the tourism industry. This is problematic as these negative impacts are creating long-term effects in a short time frame, whilst the sustainability strategies to combat them are providing short-term solutions over a long time period.
As ethical consumerism grows in importance in line with the growing spending power of the millennial market segment, more tourism companies with a primary focus on sustainability will emerge. Responsible travelers want to benefit the communities they are visiting rather than causing damage.
- This report provides an overview of one of the hot issues of the moment, sustainability.
- It clearly defines and explains the concept of sustainability and explores its multi-faceted nature.
- It identifies the inherent issue of unsustainability in the travel & tourism sector and looks at what companies can do to combat it.
- It provides an inisght into company strategies aimed at improving sustainability.
- It analyzes how increased green credentials can benefit a company, reputationally and financially.
Reasons to buy
- Understand what is meant by sustainability.
- Learn about how sustainability is multi-faceted and goes beyond environmental concerns.
- Assess the strategies that companies are adopting to combat unsustainability.
- View real-world case studies from across the travel & tourism sector.
Trends creating unsustainable impacts
Trends combating unsustainable impacts
Holland America Line
ANALYSIS OF SUSTAINABILITY
IMPACT OF SUSTAINABILITY ON TRAVEL AND TOURISM
Recommendations for travel and tourism companies
Companies contributing to unsustainability
Companies and organizations combating unsustainability
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Sustainability in Travel & Tourism - Thematic ResearchA common misconception is that the term sustainability only regards the conservation of the environment. There are three main pillars within sustainability: environmental,View Report
Case Study: Sustainability in Hotels - How and why hotels are increasing their sustainability initiatives
Case Study: Sustainability in Hotels - How and why hotels are increasing their sustainability initiatives market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 1495View Report
Big Data in Travel and Tourism - Thematic ResearchBig data is increasingly important for travel and tourism companies as the sheer amount of data collected needs to be properly analysedView Report
Virtual Reality in Travel & Tourism - Thematic ResearchPersonalization is a theme which is growing in importance within the tourism industry; because of this, more companies are realizing the potentialView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request