Smoking Tobacco in Finland, 2019
"Smoking Tobacco in Finland, 2019", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Finish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Finland is a small and declining market for smoking tobacco, with consumption at 520 tons in 2018. The market is dominated by RYO as opposed to MYO cigarette tobacco, with pipe tobacco only forming a minor niche of smoking tobacco volumes at 3.8% in 2018.
- As of 2018, tobacco sales had dropped to 6,095 tons with volumes down from a recent high of 8,379 tons in 2011.
- According to Statistics Finland, 16% of adult males and 15% of females were regular daily smokers in 2016, resulting in an overall average of 15.5%.
- Taxes on smoking tobacco consist of a specific excise, an ad valorem excise tax, and VAT.
- Denmark is currently the main source of imports with Netherlands and Germany the other two key suppliers. Volumes were up at 1,178 tons in 2017.
- Imperial has long been the leader in the market and has benefited from the continuing popularity of its brands. It took 56% of FCT sales in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Tobacco products market (%), 2008 & 2018
Tobacco products market (tons), 2008-2018
Market size and structure
Consumption of smoking tobacco (tons), 2008-2018
Per capita consumption of smoking tobacco, (grams per year), 2008-2018
Market segmentation by FCT and pipe tobacco, 2008-2018
Cigarette consumption, manufactured vs. FCT, 2008-2018
Production and trade
Imports (tons), 2008-2017
Imports by country of origin (%), 2017
Imports in packs 500g, (volume), 2007-2017
Imports in packs 500g, (value), 2007-2017
Exports (tons), 2008-2017
Taxation and retail prices
Taxation rates, smoking tobacco, July 2018
EU: fine cut tobacco, tax incidence comparison, 2018
Retail price list, per pack, 2010-2017
Manufacturers and brands
Manufacturer shares (%), 2011-2017
Brand family shares (%), 2009-2017
The smoking population
Adult smoking prevalence, total and by gender, 2007-2017
Smoking prevalence among males, by age, 2011, 2013, 2015
Smoking prevalence among females, by age, 2011, 2013, 2015
Prospects and forecasts
Fine cut tobacco consumption (tons), 2018-2028
Per capita consumption (grams per year), 2018-2028
North America Smoking Cessation And Nicotine De Addiction Products Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The North America Smoking Cessation And Nicotine De Addiction Products market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected toView Report
Top Trends in Tobacco and Anti-Smoking Products 2019 Top Trends in Tobacco and Anti-Smoking Products 2019 is part of Its Top Trends series. It examines the key consumer behaviors which areView Report
Smoking Tobacco in UK, 2019Smoking Tobacco in UK, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the UK tobaccoView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request