Cigarettes in Malaysia, 2019
"Cigarettes in Malaysia, 2019", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Malaysian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette consumption in Malaysia has fluctuated since 1990 although more recently been in sharp decline as a result of rising prices and a spike in demand for buying from the non-duty paid sector. Awareness of the dangers posed by smoking is increasing, limiting the development of the legitimate sector, while smuggled cigarettes, rising to a reported as high as 58.3% of the overall market as of early 2018 according to BAT.
- Latest estimates place non-duty paid volumes at 10.2 billion pieces in 2017 with a similar level forecast for 2018.
- Tax rises usually exacerbate the non-duty paid problem but the government is keen to raise taxes to deter smoking and raise revenues.
- The market is dominated by three major international manufacturers.
- British American Tobacco (BAT) Malaysia is the clear leader albeit with a reduced 53.9% share in 2017.
- Japan Tobacco International (JTI) ranks second and Philip Morris International (PMI) ranks third.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About GlobalData
11.7. Contact Us
List Of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, Million Pieces, 1990-2018
Table 2: Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Sales, Billion Pieces, 1996-2018
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2018
Table 4: Cigarette Consumption by Type, Million Pieces, 2007-2017
Table 5: Cigarette Consumption by Type, % Breakdown, 2007-2017
Table 6: Cigarette Sales by Type, % Volume, 2000-2005
Table 7: Cigarette Sales by Blend, % Volume, 1990-2007
Table 8: Cigarette Sales by Price Segment, % Volume, 2003-2009 & 2011-2013
Table 9: Cigarette Sales by Pack Type, % Volume, 2001-2007
Table 10: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2018
Table 11: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % Volume, 2000-2018
Table 12: Market Shares of Leading Brand Families, % of Total, 2000-2013
Table 13: Manufacturer Share by Price Segment, Q1 2009
Table 14: Rates of Taxation on Cigarettes, 1986-2018
Table 15: Retail Prices of Selected Brands, Retail Price (RM), 2000-2015
Table 16: Smoking population,1990-2017
Table 17: Smoking by Age (any tobacco product), 2015
Table 18: Smoking Prevalence by Region, %, 1996
Table 19: Production of Cigarettes, Million Pieces, 1990-2017
Table 20: Imports of Cigarettes, Million Pieces, 1990-2017
Table 21: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
Table 22: Imports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, % of Total
Table 23: Export of Cigarettes, Million Pieces, 1990-2017
Table 24: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
Table 25: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, %
Table 26: Company profile: British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Bhd
Table 27: Company profile: JT International Bhd
Table 28: Company Profile: Philip Morris (Malaysia) SdnBhd
Table 29: Consumption Forecasts to 2028
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance
Abstract:The Europe Low Tar Cigarettes market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million USD byView Report
Abstract:The Europe Light Cigarettes market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million USD by theView Report
Cigarettes in El Salvador, 2019 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 975View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request