Success Case Study: Diet Coke in the US - Repositioning a tiring brand for a new generation
Diet Coke underwent a relaunch at the start of 2018 to address years of slow decline. With a new can design, look, and flavor options, and a Millennial-focused marketing campaign, the brand reversed its decline in short order, achieving its strongest growth since 2010.
Diet soft drinks have experienced a prolonged period of stagnation and decline, both as part of the overall consumer drift away from soft drinks consumption, but also from the proliferation of newer "zero-sugar" variants. "Diet" as a claim has become less well understood in a changed marketplace, necessitating a rethink for key brands.
- Developing an accurate understanding of Millennials, the audience identified as key to rebuilding the brand, has been vital to Diet Cokes recent success.
- The brand has presented itself as relevant to Millennials outlook and lifestyle in irreverent advertising highlighting consumption experience over diet/health claims.
- Diet Coke has showed it is possible to shift demographic focus successfully (from 1980s Baby Boomers to Millennials) without a total reformulation. Presentation, flavor options, and effective communication can work efficiently.
Reasons to buy
- Use selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Success Case Study: Coles Little Shop Campaign - How a miniature campaign yielded massive rewards Success Case Study: Coles Little Shop Campaign , is part of Its Successes and Failures research. ItView Report
Success Case Study: Strong Roots - Creative frozen vegetable brand catering to multiple consumer trends
Success Case Study: Strong Roots - Creative frozen vegetable brand catering to multiple consumer trends Success Case Study: Strong Roots , is part of Its Successes and Failures research. It examines theView Report
Case Study: Airbnb’s affiliations with DMOs and governments - How and why Airbnb is growing co-operation with DMOs and governments
Case Study: Airbnbs affiliations with DMOs and governments - How and why Airbnb is growing co-operation with DMOs and governmentss Tourism Case Study Airbnbs affiliations with DMOs and governments -View Report
Case Study: Hotel Chain Brand Differentiation - How major companies are using an array of brands to appeal to all
Case Study: Hotel Chain Brand Differentiation - How major companies are using an array of brands to appeal to allTourism Case Study Hotel Chain Brand Differentiation - How major companiesView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request