Thales - Company Strategy & Performance Analysis
Thales is an integrated solutions and equipment provider. It offers IT security solutions, electronic systems and components to the aerospace, defence, transport and security markets, governments, institutions, and private customers.
Thales classifies its business into three reportable divisions: Defense and Security, Aerospace, and Transport. The Defense and Security division offers secure communication, information, land, air, and defense mission systems. The firm develops equipment for armed security forces, and protects computer networks and vital infrastructure.
MarketLine Premiums company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the worlds leading defence and security companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each companys growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: arms sales, order backlog, and contracts.
Thales has strong technological expertise and R&D capabilities:
Thales strong patent portfolio provides the company with a certain amount of market exclusivity. In 2015, it had a portfolio of 16,500 patents and filed 400 applications in 2016. Thales collaborates with academic institutions, research centers, and industrial partners to maintain its technological advantage. Focusing on the development of innovative technologies across the entire value chain, the company has made itself relatively indispensable in the areas of technology, hardware, software, information, and cognitive sciences. This gives the firm a competitive advantage.
The company has a strong market presence in Europe:
Thales is one of Europes leading suppliers of medium, short and very-short-range missile and weapons systems. Within the passenger cabin systems segment, the company is ranked second behind Panasonic Avionics. It is a global market leader in microwave and imaging subsystems and air traffic management and ranked third globally in terms of avionics and second in terms of in-flight entertainment and connectivity systems.
The company aims to focus on financial investments and targeted acquisitions:
Strategic agreements and acquisitions help it to enhance its core competence through the adaption of new technologies. For instance, in April 2017, Thales acquired Guavus for US$215.0 million to strengthen its high-tech portfolio to support its customers. The acquisition opened opportunities in the areas of network and telecommunication systems optimization, predictive maintenance, monitoring critical infrastructures and cybersecurity.
This acquisition helped the company strengthen its position in key technologies, predictive analysis and big data processing - a critical factor in real-time decision making.
- Company Snapshot - details key indicators and rankings of Thales S.A in terms of arms sales and market share in the companys key markets.
- Company SWOT Analysis - outlines Thales S.A Strengths and Weaknesses, and weigh Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - understand Thales S.A corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - analyse the companys performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as arms sales.
- Key Developments - showcase Thales S.A significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
Reasons to buy
- How does Thales S.A rank among defense and security service providers in the Europe and globally?
- What are Thales S.A main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2013 in terms of arms sales, and order backlog?
- How has Thales S.A performed in comparison to competitors such as United Technologies Corp, Leonardo and L-3 Technologies, Inc.?
- What is Thales S.A strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc
Marriott International, Inc.
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts Management AG
Thales USA Inc - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance ReportThales USA Inc - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The reportView Report
Thales - Company Strategy & Performance AnalysisThales is an integrated solutions and equipment provider. It offers IT security solutions, electronic systems and components to the aerospace, defence, transport and securityView Report
Top 5 Transport and Logistics Companies - Company ChartbooksAll markets and industries have been affected by COVID-19 - some have benefited financially while the majority of companies in every industryView Report
Top 5 Telecommunication Companies - Company ChartbooksAll markets and industries have been affected by COVID-19 - some have benefited financially while the majority of companies in every industry have suffered.View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request