GeneralDynamicsCorp. - Company Strategy & Performance Analysis
General Dynamics is a provider of defence products and IT systems and offers a wide range of products across various business segments, such as C4ISR solutions, combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions, information technology (IT) services, shipbuilding and ship repair. The company classifies its operations into four business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Systems and Technology, and Marine Systems.
MarketLine Premiums company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the worlds leading defence and security companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each companys growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: arms sales, order backlog, and contracts.
Aerospace and marine systems segments drove arms sales:
The company maintains a competitive edge through its innovative offerings from the aerospace and marine systems segments. The company reported a Y-o-Y increase of 3.4% over 2014-2015 to reach US$19,240 million. Arms sales have increased gradually since 2013 owing to the robust performance of the Aerospace and Marine Systems segments. Additional deliveries of the G650 aircraft have contributed to the increase in the aerospace segment. The marine systems segment posted strong sales due to higher volumes on the Virginia-class submarine program.
The company showed significant growth in the marine segment:
The company witnessed robust growth in its marine business over the historic period. For instance, the companys marine segment revenue increased at a CAGR of 5.9%, from US$7,312.0 million in 2014 to US$8,202.0 million in 2016. Growth in nuclear powered submarines and MRO services also contributed to the increase in segmental revenues. In addition to this, the company is one of the largest shipbuilders around the world and a key supplier of nuclear powered submarines to the worlds governments.
The company aims to expand its aerospace portfolio:
The company wants to expand its aerospace portfolio to meet the increasing demands of customers. It is focusing on acquisitions and strategic alliances to foster its business activities. The companys two new airplanes, the G500 and G600, are expected to enter service in 2017. The company is expanding its jet aviation service network and has also invested in its subsidiary, Gulfstream Aerospace, to develop new products.
- Company Snapshot - details key indicators and rankings of General Dynamics Corp. in terms of arms sales and market share in the companys key markets.
- Company SWOT Analysis - outlines General Dynamics Corps Strengths and Weaknesses, and weighs Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - understand General Dynamics Corps corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - analyse the companys performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as arms sales.
- Key Developments - showcase General Dynamics Corps significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
Reasons to buy
- How does General Dynamics Corp rank among defense and security service providers in the North America and globally?
- What are General Dynamics Corps main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2013 in terms of arms sales, and order backlog?
- How has General Dynamics Corp. performed in comparison to competitors such as Lockheed Martin Bae systems, Leonardo and L3 Technologies?
- What are General Dynamics Corps strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc
Marriott International, Inc.
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts Management AG
GeneralDynamicsCorp. - Company Strategy & Performance AnalysisGeneral Dynamics is a provider of defence products and IT systems and offers a wide range of products across various business segments, such asView Report
Top 5 Transport and Logistics Companies - Company ChartbooksAll markets and industries have been affected by COVID-19 - some have benefited financially while the majority of companies in every industryView Report
Top 5 Telecommunication Companies - Company ChartbooksAll markets and industries have been affected by COVID-19 - some have benefited financially while the majority of companies in every industry have suffered.View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request