Travel and Tourism in Italy to 2019 provides detailed information on the Italian tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, tourist expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
The report brings together Canadean's research, modeling, and analysis expertise in order to develop uniquely detailed market data. This allows domestic and foreign companies to identify the market dynamics and discover which segments will see growth in the coming years.
- As of the end of 2014, the economy had not grown since April 2011 and Italy has second highest public debt among European Union nations. Economic crisis significantly impacted both domestic and outbound tourism causing a decline in the number of tourists. Low disposable incomes of the Italians was the reason for this decrease. Due to this, outbound travel was largely limited to neighboring European countries. Outbound trips declined from 29.1 million in 2009 to 28.3 million in 2014 while the total number of domestic trips fell from 114.1 million to 64.5 million. However, with a focus on tourism promotion and government measures, the economy is expected to recover in the coming years. The domestic tourists are expected to increase posting a CAGR of 3.47% during the forecast period (2015-2019). Also, outbound tourism would register growth, with number of tourists rising to 32.8 million by 2019, at a CAGR of 2.96%.
- International arrivals increased from 43.2 million in 2009 to 49 million in 2014, driven by government policies to promote tourism. Europe has been the key source market for the Italian tourism industry. 10.9 million Germans visited in 2014, making it the top market for the country, followed by 4.7 million tourists from France. By hosting the World Expo in 2015, the country is expected to register growth in the number of international arrivals, reaching 58.9 million by 2019.
- With increasing demand, in order to expand its reach, the leading LCC airline, Ryan air is planning to launch three new routes in 2015 between Italy and Romania. Also, creating more competition for the European full-service carriers, Gulf airlines are expanding their operations in Italy on long-haul routes.
- Alitalia is hoping to capture more of the Italy-South Korea market and has introduced new routes to Seoul in 2015. Currently, Korean Air dominates this market but represents only 25% share, indicating the fragmented nature of the market, while the rest is held by European carriers.
The report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Italian Travel and Tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Italy for various categories in the Travel and Tourism sector, such as accommodation, sightseeing and entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Detailed market classification across each category, with analysis using similar metrics
- Detailed analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Italian Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the Italian Travel and Tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
Travel and Tourism Sector in Context
Domestic Tourism by Purpose of Visit (Million), 2009-2019
Number of Trips by Season (Domestic and Outbound) (Million), 2014
Domestic Trips - Overnight Stays (Million), 2009-2019
Average Length of Domestic Trip, 2009-2019
Total Domestic Tourism Expenditure by Category (EUR Million), and Expenditure per Domestic Tourist (EUR), 2009-2019
Tourist Arrivals from Top 10 Countries (Thousands), 2009-2019
Inbound Tourism (Thousands), by Region, 2009-2019
Inbound Tourism by Purpose of Visit (Million), 2009-2019
International Arrivals by Mode of Transport (Million), 2009-2019
Overnight Stays (Million), 2009-2019
Average Length of Inbound Trip, 2009-2019
Total Inbound Tourism Expenditure by Category (EUR Million), and Average Expenditure per Inbound Tourist by Category (EUR), 2009-2019
Tourist Departures from Top 10 Countries (Thousands), 2009-2019
International Departures (Thousands), by Region, 2009-2019
Outbound Tourism by Purpose of Visit (Million), 2009-2019
International Departures by Mode of Transport (Million), 2009-2019
Overnight Stays (Million), 2009-2019
Average Length of Outbound Trip, 2009-2019
Total Outbound Tourism Expenditure by Category (EUR Million), and Average Outbound Expenditure per Resident by Category, (EUR) 2009-2019
Market Data: Low Cost Airlines
Market Data: Full Service Airlines
Market Data: Charter Airlines
Market Data: Budget Hotels
Market Data: Midscale Hotels
Market Data: Upscale Hotels
Market Data: Luxury Hotels
Car Rental Value by Rental Type and Location (EUR Million), 2009-2019
Average Revenue per Day (EUR), 2009-2019
Car Fleet Size (Actual) 2009-2019
Car Rental Days (Million), vs Average Rental Length (Days), 2009-2019
Car Market Utilization Rate (%), 2009-2019
Travel Intermediaries Market Value by Product Type (EUR Million), 2009-2019
Travel Intermediaries Online Revenues by Provider (EUR Million), 2009-2019
Travel Intermediaries Online Revenues by Type of Tourist (EUR Million), 2009-2019
Travel Intermediaries In-Store Revenues by Provider (EUR Million), 2009-2019
Travel Technology Interactive SA (Travel Technology Interactive) is a technology company that offers software solutions for airline management. The companys software solutions comprise Zenith, Nexlog and QuickDCS. Its Zenith is
Notes:Production, means the output of Travel VaccinesRevenue, means the sales value of Travel VaccinesThis report studies Travel Vaccines in Global market, especially in North America, Europe, China, Japan, Southeast Asia
Notes:Sales, means the sales volume of Mini Travel IronsRevenue, means the sales value of Mini Travel IronsThis report studies sales (consumption) of Mini Travel Irons in United States market, focuses
Rum Group for Transportation and Tourism Investment - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation,
El Gezirah Hotels and Tourism Co. S.A.E. - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation,
Canadeans Travel and Tourism Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Report examines executives opinion on the business outlook and procurement activities during November 2016-April 2017. Organizations can know about key business
If you want to purchase particular section from this report then kindly contact us at email@example.com.