'Nigeria: Regulator's Nullification of 14 Licenses Hits Fixed Sector; Mobile Data Keeps Overall Market Growing Strong,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Nigeria's mobile, fixed and media telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Nigerian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2014, the Nigerian telecom industry generated $9.8bn in service revenue or 1.7% of GDP, a 6.8% increase over 2013. In 2014, the mobile voice segment was the largest revenue contributor with $7.3bn ($219m more revenue in 2014 than in 2013). Mobile data and pay-TV will grow at CAGRs of 16.0% and 5.2%, respectively, over the 2014-19 period to reach $3.8bn and $647m.
- The top two operators, MTN Nigeria and Airtel Nigeria, which provide fixed-line, mobile and Internet services, accounted for 68.0% of overall service revenue in 2014. Both operators are investing in 3G and fiber networks to cater to the increasing demand for data and pay-TV services.
- Adoption of 3G technologies is at 15.9% of the mobile subscription base in 2014; we project this will increase to 32.6% by year-end 2019, owing to increased focus on 3G by MTN Nigeria, Globacom and Airtel Nigeria.
- LTE subscriptions will reach 8.1m by year-end 2019, or 4.5% of total mobile subscriptions in Nigeria, as the NCC plans to auction spectrum in 2015 and a number of operators have expressed interest in the opportunity.
Nigeria: Regulator's Nullification of 14 Licenses Hits Fixed Sector; Mobile Data Keeps Overall Market Growing Strong provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Nigeria today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Nigeria's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Nigeria in a regional context: a review of market size and trends compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Nigeria.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile voice and data markets.
- The service evolution: a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video between 2014 and 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, media, mobile voice and data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Nigeria's telecommunications markets
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Nigeria's telecommunications market based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecoms market, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Nigeria.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Nigerian market to operators, vendors and investors.
Executive summary 3
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
Strategic Defense Intelligence in its report Defense and Civil Spends on Aircrafts in Nigeria: 2016 to 2024 provides quantitative top-level view of projected spends on Aircrafts. According to Strategic Defense
Strategic Defense Intelligence in its report Defense and Civil Spends on Helicopters in Nigeria: 2016 to 2024 provides quantitative top-level view of projected spends on Helicopters. According to Strategic Defense
Retail (Onshore) Investments Scenario of Nigeria: Investments Analytics to 2020; is an exhaustive research report outlaying important statistics on Nigerias Retail Investment market. The report provides year on year statistics
If you want to purchase particular section from this report then kindly contact us at email@example.com.