Telefonica, S.A. (TEF) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Telefonica, S.A. (Telefonica) is an integrated and diversified telecommunication company. It is one of the leading mobile and fixed telecommunication service providers in Europe and Latin America. The company specializes in providing fixed and mobile telephony services. It offers data and business-solutions and services, wholesale services to telecommunication operators, mobile business, and value-added services, wireless data, Internet and other related services. Telefonica also carries out media and contact center operations through investments in Telefonica de Contenidos and Atento. The company operates through subsidiaries and branches in the telecommunication, media and contact centers industries. Telefonica is headquartered in Madrid, Spain.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Telefonica, S.A. - Key Facts 6
Telefonica, S.A. - Key Employees 7
Telefonica, S.A. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Telefonica, S.A. - Major Products and Services 9
Telefonica, S.A. - History 10
Telefonica, S.A. - Company Statement0
Telefonica, S.A. - Locations And Subsidiaries1
Other Locations & Subsidiaries1
Section 2 Company Analysis4
Telefonica, S.A. - Business Description4
Telefonica, S.A. - Corporate Strategy6
Telefonica, S.A. - SWOT Analysis7
SWOT Analysis - Overview7
Telefonica, S.A. - Strengths7
Strength - Business Performance: Germany7
Strength - Market Leading Position7
Strength - Research and Development Activities7
Telefonica, S.A. - Weaknesses8
Weakness - Liquidity Concerns8
Weakness - Higher Costs affecting Margins8
Telefonica, S.A. - Opportunities9
Opportunity - Contracts and Agreements9
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Cloud Computing9
Opportunity - Growing Mobile Communications Market9
Telefonica, S.A. - Threats 30
Threat - Dependence on Suppliers 30
Threat - Intense Competition 30
Threat - Government Regulations 30
Telefonica, S.A. - Key Competitors 31
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 33
Performance Chart 35
Financial Performance 35
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 36
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 37
Telefonica, S.A., Recent Deals Summary 38
Section 4 Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Telefonica, S.A., Key Facts 6
Telefonica, S.A., Key Employees 7
Telefonica, S.A., Key Employee Biographies 8
Telefonica, S.A., Major Products and Services 9
Telefonica, S.A., History 10
Telefonica, S.A., Other Locations 21
Telefonica, S.A., Subsidiaries 22
Telefonica, S.A., Joint Venture 23
Telefonica, S.A., Key Competitors 31
Telefonica, S.A., Ratios based on current share price 32
Telefonica, S.A., Annual Ratios 33
Telefonica, S.A., Interim Ratios 36
Telefonica, S.A., Recent Deals Summary 38
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Telefonica, S.A., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 35
Telefonica, S.A., Ratio Charts 37