EMC Corporation (EMC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
EMC Corporation (EMC) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure technologies. The company divided its business operations into five broad categories, namely, Information storage, Enterprise content, RSA Information security, Pivotal and VMware Virtual Infrastructure. EMC Information segment provides foundation for organizations to store, manage, protect, analyze and secure ever-increasing quantities of information, while at the same time improving business agility, lowering cost and increasing competitive advantage. The Enterprise Content Division provides enterprise software and cloud solutions. RSA, the Security Division provides intelligence-driven security solutions for mitigating risks on digital platform. Pivotal Software, Inc. (Pivotal) provides application and data infrastructure software, agile development services and data science consulting. VMware Virtual Infrastructure helps customers move from the client-server era to the mobile-cloud era of computing. The companys products and solutions categories include storage, data protection, cloud, big data, security, content management, and infrastructure management. The company operates in the North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific, and Latin America. EMC is headquartered in Hopkinton, Massachusetts, the US.
EMC Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jul 13, 2016: Molina Healthcare Selects VCE Vblock All-Flash for Rapid Scale and Growth
Apr 13, 2016: PAREXEL and EMC Form Alliance to Provide Cloud-Based Document and Regulatory Information Management Services
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
EMC Corporation - Key Facts 6
EMC Corporation - Key Employees 7
EMC Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
EMC Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
EMC Corporation - History 10
EMC Corporation - Company Statement 17
EMC Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2 Company Analysis2
EMC Corporation - Business Description2
EMC Corporation - Corporate Strategy3
EMC Corporation - SWOT Analysis4
SWOT Analysis - Overview4
EMC Corporation - Strengths4
Strength - Research and Development Activities4
Strength - Business Performance: Information Storage4
Strength - Business Performance: VMware Virtual Infrastructure4
EMC Corporation - Weaknesses5
Weakness - Liquidity Concerns5
Weakness - Overall Financial Performance5
EMC Corporation - Opportunities6
Opportunity - Emergence of Cloud Computing6
Opportunity - Global Outlook for IT Services Market6
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions6
Opportunity - Strategic Partnerships6
EMC Corporation - Threats7
Threat - Dependence on Suppliers7
Threat - Highly Competitive Market7
Threat - Increasing Cyber Threats7
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes7
EMC Corporation - Key Competitors8
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios9
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios9
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 30
Performance Chart 32
Financial Performance 32
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 33
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 34
EMC Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 35
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 36
Jul 13, 2016: Molina Healthcare Selects VCE Vblock All-Flash for Rapid Scale and Growth 36
Apr 13, 2016: PAREXEL and EMC Form Alliance to Provide Cloud-Based Document and Regulatory Information Management Services 37
Section 5 Appendix 38
Ratio Definitions 38
About GlobalData 42
Contact Us 42
List Of Tables
List of Tables
EMC Corporation, Key Facts 6
EMC Corporation, Key Employees 7
EMC Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
EMC Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
EMC Corporation, History 10
EMC Corporation, Other Locations 19
EMC Corporation, Subsidiaries 21
EMC Corporation, Key Competitors 28
EMC Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 29
EMC Corporation, Annual Ratios 30
EMC Corporation, Interim Ratios 33
EMC Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 35
Currency Codes 38
Capital Market Ratios 38
Equity Ratios 39
Profitability Ratios 39
Cost Ratios 40
Liquidity Ratios 40
Leverage Ratios 41
Efficiency Ratios 41
List Of Figures
List of Figures
EMC Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 32
EMC Corporation, Ratio Charts 34
StemCell Technologies Inc (StemCell) is a biotechnology company that develops cell separation products and ancillary reagents for life science research. The companys products comprise specialized cell culture media, cell isolation
Notes:Production, means the output of EMC FiltrationRevenue, means the sales value of EMC FiltrationThis report studies EMC Filtration in Global market, especially in North America, Europe, China, Japan, Southeast Asia
EmCare Inc (EmCare), a subsidiary of Envision Healthcare Holdings, Inc. is a healthcare service company that offers emergency department outsourcing services for the hospitals. The company provides emergency medicine, hospital
EMC Corporation Company Profile is a complete analysis of the companys operations, strategies, outlook and historic performance. The research work analyzes key strategies in current market conditions, SWOT profile,
EMC Corporation - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service