Vodafone Group PLC (VOD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Vodafone Group Plc (Vodafone) is a telecommunications company that provides range of converged services including voice, messaging, data and fixed communications. It offers a broad range of products and services such as, mobile, fixed broadband, video content, cloud and hosting and Internet of Things (IoT) services, and branded phones and devices, and mobile voucher app. Vodafone provides its services to small and medium business; large corporate; multinational organization; public sectors; and defense. The company along with its subsidiaries, joint ventures, associated undertakings and investments operates across Europe, the Middle East, the UK, Africa, Asia Pacific and the US. Vodafone is headquartered in Newbury, the UK.
Vodafone Group PLC Key Recent Developments
Jun 08, 2016: Vodafone to create EDF Energys next generation network
Mar 14, 2016: Philips and Vodafone join forces for connected lighting and smart city services
Aug 03, 2015: Vodafone to use fuel cells as alternative source of energy
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Vodafone Group PLC - Key Facts 6
Vodafone Group PLC - Key Employees 7
Vodafone Group PLC - Key Employee Biographies 8
Vodafone Group PLC - Major Products and Services 9
Vodafone Group PLC - History 10
Vodafone Group PLC - Company Statement2
Vodafone Group PLC - Locations And Subsidiaries4
Other Locations & Subsidiaries4
Section 2 Company Analysis7
Vodafone Group PLC - Business Description7
Vodafone Group PLC - Corporate Strategy8
Vodafone Group PLC - SWOT Analysis9
SWOT Analysis - Overview9
Vodafone Group PLC - Strengths9
Strength - Operational Network9
Strength - Market Leading Position9
Strength - Network Infrastructure9
Vodafone Group PLC - Weaknesses 30
Weakness - Business Performance: Europe 30
Weakness - Net Working Capital Concerns 30
Vodafone Group PLC - Opportunities 31
Opportunity - Growing Mobile Communications Market 31
Opportunity - Positive Outlook of Telecom Industry in India 31
Opportunity - Strategic Partnerships and Agreements 31
Opportunity - Global Fixed Communication Market 31
Vodafone Group PLC - Threats 32
Threat - Competitive Pressures 32
Threat - Strict Regulations 32
Vodafone Group PLC - Key Competitors 33
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 34
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 34
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 35
Performance Chart 37
Financial Performance 37
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 38
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 39
Vodafone Group PLC, Recent Deals Summary 40
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 41
Jun 08, 2016: Vodafone to create EDF Energys next generation network 41
Mar 14, 2016: Philips and Vodafone join forces for connected lighting and smart city services 42
Aug 03, 2015: Vodafone to use fuel cells as alternative source of energy 43
Section 5 Appendix 44
Ratio Definitions 44
About GlobalData 48
Contact Us 48
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Vodafone Group PLC, Key Facts 6
Vodafone Group PLC, Key Employees 7
Vodafone Group PLC, Key Employee Biographies 8
Vodafone Group PLC, Major Products and Services 9
Vodafone Group PLC, History 10
Vodafone Group PLC, Subsidiaries 24
Vodafone Group PLC, Joint Venture 26
Vodafone Group PLC, Key Competitors 33
Vodafone Group PLC, Ratios based on current share price 34
Vodafone Group PLC, Annual Ratios 35
Vodafone Group PLC, Interim Ratios 38
Vodafone Group PLC, Recent Deals Summary 40
Currency Codes 44
Capital Market Ratios 44
Equity Ratios 45
Profitability Ratios 45
Cost Ratios 46
Liquidity Ratios 46
Leverage Ratios 47
Efficiency Ratios 47
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Vodafone Group PLC, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 37
Vodafone Group PLC, Ratio Charts 39