United Microelectronics Corporation (2303) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC) is a semiconductor foundry. It offers circuit design, mask tooling, wafer fabrication, assembly and testing solutions. Its backend services include turnkey, testing, package solution development and product yield management solutions. Its design solutions include mask service, silicon shuttle, design verification and design for manufacturing. The company products find application in communication devices, consumer electronics, computer and high volume application such as networking, telecommunications, internet, multimedia PCs and graphics. It operates manufacturing facility in the Tainan Science Park, Southern Taiwan. The company operates offices in Taiwan, Mainland China, HongKong, Europe, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Europe and the US. UMC is headquartered at Hsinchu City, Taiwan.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
United Microelectronics Corporation - Key Facts 6
United Microelectronics Corporation - Key Employees 7
United Microelectronics Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
United Microelectronics Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
United Microelectronics Corporation - History 10
United Microelectronics Corporation - Company Statement 14
United Microelectronics Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 Company Analysis 17
United Microelectronics Corporation - Business Description 17
United Microelectronics Corporation - Corporate Strategy 18
United Microelectronics Corporation - SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis - Overview 19
United Microelectronics Corporation - Strengths 19
Strength - Research and Development 19
Strength - Diversified End-Markets 19
Strength - Wafer Fabrication Segment 19
United Microelectronics Corporation - Weaknesses0
Weakness - Cost Structure0
United Microelectronics Corporation - Opportunities1
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives1
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for EMS1
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Semiconductor Market1
United Microelectronics Corporation - Threats2
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes2
Threat - Increase of Raw Material Prices2
Threat - Competitive Environment2
United Microelectronics Corporation - Key Competitors3
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios4
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios4
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios5
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios8
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts9
United Microelectronics Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 30
Section 4 Appendix 31
Ratio Definitions 31
About GlobalData 35
Contact Us 35
List Of Tables
List of Tables
United Microelectronics Corporation, Key Facts 6
United Microelectronics Corporation, Key Employees 7
United Microelectronics Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
United Microelectronics Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
United Microelectronics Corporation, History 10
United Microelectronics Corporation, Subsidiaries 15
United Microelectronics Corporation, Affiliate 16
United Microelectronics Corporation, Key Competitors 23
United Microelectronics Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 24
United Microelectronics Corporation, Annual Ratios 25
United Microelectronics Corporation, Interim Ratios 28
United Microelectronics Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 30
Currency Codes 31
Capital Market Ratios 31
Equity Ratios 32
Profitability Ratios 32
Cost Ratios 33
Liquidity Ratios 33
Leverage Ratios 34
Efficiency Ratios 34
List Of Figures
List of Figures
United Microelectronics Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 27
United Microelectronics Corporation, Ratio Charts 29
United Kingdom Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Outlook to 2022GlobalDatas new report, United Kingdom Nuclear Imaging Equipment Market Outlook to 2022 , provides key market data on the United Kingdom Nuclear Imaging
United Kingdom Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Systems Market Outlook to 2022GlobalDatas new report, United Kingdom Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 , provides key market data on the
United Kingdom Contrast Agents Market Outlook to 2022GlobalDatas new report, United Kingdom Contrast Agents Market Outlook to 2022 , provides key market data on the United Kingdom Contrast Agents market. The
United Microelectronics Corporation Company Profile is a complete analysis of the companys operations, strategies, outlook and historic performance. The research work analyzes key strategies in current market conditions, SWOT
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation Company Profile is a complete analysis of the companys operations, strategies, outlook and historic performance. The research work analyzes key strategies in current market conditions, SWOT
AMIDs Chinese Company Report (CCR) provides information on the Chinese large public-traded corporations, large manufacturing producers, large financial companies or large service providers. In the two past decades, the Chinese