Inmarsat plc (ISAT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Inmarsat plc (Inmarsat) is a provider of mobile satellite communications services. The company designs, launches and operates satellite-based networks. Inmarsat offers voice and broadband data services that support safety communications and traditional office applications such as email, Internet, secure VPN access, and videoconferencing. The company operates a fleet of 12 geostationary satellites that assist in providing a range of global mobile satellite communications services. Inmarsat offers its solutions to maritime, enterprises, aviation and government sectors. The company offers its solutions through network of independent distribution partners and service providers. It has operations in North America, Europe, Asia and Oceania, Middle East and Africa and Latin America. Inmarsat is headquartered in London, the UK.
Inmarsat plc Key Recent Developments
Jun 10, 2016: Marlink And Inmarsat Enter Strategic Alliance For Fleet Xpress Broadband Services
Apr 14, 2016: Inmarsat: Smart Shipping Enabled For Nanjing Tankers
Oct 01, 2015: RigNet Signs Agreement To Offer Inmarsat Fleet Xpress To The Energy Maritime Industry
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Inmarsat plc - Key Facts 6
Inmarsat plc - Key Employees 7
Inmarsat plc - Key Employee Biographies 9
Inmarsat plc - Major Products and Services 10
Inmarsat plc - History 11
Inmarsat plc - Company Statement 18
Inmarsat plc - Locations And Subsidiaries0
Other Locations & Subsidiaries0
Section 2 Company Analysis3
Inmarsat plc - Business Description3
Inmarsat plc - Corporate Strategy4
Inmarsat plc - SWOT Analysis5
SWOT Analysis - Overview5
Inmarsat plc - Strengths5
Strength - Maritime Business5
Strength - Satellite Infrastructure5
Inmarsat plc - Weaknesses6
Weakness - Working Capital Deficit6
Weakness - Debt Burden6
Inmarsat plc - Opportunities7
Opportunity - Growing Mobile Broadband Subscriptions7
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives7
Opportunity - Growing Commercial Satellite Industry7
Inmarsat plc - Threats8
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes8
Threat - Satellites Regulations8
Threat - Competitive Environment8
Inmarsat plc - Key Competitors9
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 31
Performance Chart 32
Financial Performance 32
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 33
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 34
Inmarsat plc, Recent Deals Summary 35
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 36
Jun 10, 2016: Marlink And Inmarsat Enter Strategic Alliance For Fleet Xpress Broadband Services 36
Apr 14, 2016: Inmarsat: Smart Shipping Enabled For Nanjing Tankers 37
Oct 01, 2015: RigNet Signs Agreement To Offer Inmarsat Fleet Xpress To The Energy Maritime Industry 38
Section 5 Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Inmarsat plc, Key Facts 6
Inmarsat plc, Key Employees 7
Inmarsat plc, Key Employee Biographies 9
Inmarsat plc, Major Products and Services 10
Inmarsat plc, History 11
Inmarsat plc, Other Locations 20
Inmarsat plc, Subsidiaries 20
Inmarsat plc, Key Competitors 29
Inmarsat plc, Ratios based on current share price 30
Inmarsat plc, Annual Ratios 31
Inmarsat plc, Interim Ratios 33
Inmarsat plc, Recent Deals Summary 35
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Inmarsat plc, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 32
Inmarsat plc, Ratio Charts 34