Globally, operators are striving to develop new revenue streams, increase margins and ARPS, retain existing customers and reduce churn. Multiplay bundle services, combining traditional telecom services such as fixed voice, fixed broadband, pay-TV and mobile services, is one of the key strategies being adopted by operators in the Americas to reach these goals. Operators in Latin America are still highly focused on attracting customers to multiplay bundles through aggressive pricing discounts. On the other hand, operators in North America are focusing on developing value-added services that can integrate with their multiplay offers aiming to provide unique experiences to customers. Both in North and Latin America, operators are implementing different strategies, including mergers and acquisition, to complement their service lines and develop multiplay bundled services.
- At year-end 2015, the Americas region registered 141.6m multiplay households and will reach 171.5m by year-end 2020, a five-year CAGR of 3.9%. Both the US and Canada display high multiplay household penetration rates with 61% and 80.8% at year-end 2015, respectively. As a result, multiplay services growth will be mainly driven by Latin American countries, chief among them Brazil, Colombia and Mexico.
- Most operators in Latin America focus their multiplay strategy on price discounts, which normally exceed 25%. Conversely, the majority of North American operators are enhancing their multiplay offerings with value-added services such as cloud and OTT functionalities, while trying to maintain price discounts on bundles below 20%, with the goal to improve customer experience without compromising margins.
- Multiplay offerings built around an FTTH/B broadband proposition have IPTV as the core element of the bundle as it allows customers to perceive the advantage of higher bandwidth through the consumption of content such as streaming videos through VoD and other OTT functionalities such as DVR, catch-up TV.
“Multiplay in the Americas: Value-Added Services Increasingly Integral to the Multiplay Value Proposition”, a Telecom Insider by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the multiplay services market in the Americas today, with forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the multiplay services market, analyzing key trends on fixed-mobile convergence and quadruple-play services, assessing business models and pricing strategies, evaluating market players, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and forecast for multiplay services in North and Latin America, with an overview analysis per country.
- Regulatory and technology analysis; an overview on the regulatory framework in selected countries in the Americas and an analysis on technology convergence and how this is driving the development of multiplay offers.
- Multiplay value proposition; an analysis of the value proposition models that operators implemented in order to foster their multiplay services offer and attract customers.
- Case studies; this section details the key findings regarding competitive analysis, product offering, pricing strategy, and strategic actions that operators are developing to enhance customer experience of multiplay service users.
Reasons To Buy
- This Telecom Insider helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the multiplay services market in North and Latin America based on insights directly from local market players·
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging ICT services market.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The report brings several case studies that showcase the business model that operators are implementing regarding multiplay services, triple and quadruple-play bundles and fixed-mobile convergence services.
Introduction: Regional multiplay market context
Multiplay in Americas
Regulations and technology as main drivers: unlocking multiplay opportunities
Multiplay business approach
FTTH/B in the multiplay context
Multiplay value propositions for operators
Multiplay value proposition
Multiplay pricing value proposition
Multiplay product differentiation value proposition
Multiplay high quality of customer service value proposition
Market details: Case studies
Mexico: Grupo Televisa
Conclusions: Key findings and recommendations
Appendix: Acronyms and definitions
At a regional level, the market has been expanding at a fast pace over the last several years, mainly supported by improvements in average GDP per capita levels in most
USD 1195View Report
South Africa will remain one of the largest telecom service revenue markets in the AME region in 2016, generating estimated revenue of $9.2bn. Going forward, we expect the telecom services
USD 990View Report
Globally, operators are striving to develop new revenue streams, increase margins and ARPS, retain existing customers and reduce churn. Multiplay bundle services, combining traditional telecom services such as
USD 1195View Report
This new 249-page report from VPGMarketResearch.com provides a comprehensive analysis of the Spanish therapeutic drug monitoring market, including emerging tests, technologies, instrumentation, sales forecasts, market shares, and strategic profiles of
USD 2450View Report
Monthly Oil & Gas Industry Contracts Review - Samsung and Sumitomos Contracts Drive Award Activity in the Upstream SectorGlobalDatas Monthly Oil & Gas Industry Contracts Review - Samsung and Sumitomos
USD 250View Report
Steel in the United KingdomSteel in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to
USD 350View Report
PDF FORMAT REPORTS will be delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours after placing the order (Mon-Fri IST)
|Published Date||:||Mar 2016|
|No. of Pages||:||37|
|Report Delivery By||:|
|Report Delivery Time||:||12 to 24 hours after placing the order.|
If you do not find this specific report suitable to your exact needs then you can also opt for customized research report that will befit all your expectation. To specify your requirements CLICK HERE