In 2015, Hong Kong will be the one of the most sophisticated telecom services market in the Asia-Pacific region, with estimated revenue of US$6.4bn or 2.1% of GDP. Mobile data services will be the most important growth driver, generating $155m more revenue in 2015 than in 2014, owing to focus on bundled services offerings, diversified handset models and low 4G data tariffs. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a CAGR of 1.4% from 2015 to 2020. The fixed/mobile revenue split will be inclined toward mobile, as mobile service revenue will be driven primarily by improvement in device subsidies, value-added services and overall customer experience.
- With estimated revenue of $6.4bn, the telecom services market in Hong Kong is one of the most sophisticated telecom markets in the world in 2015 but with only mild growth prospects compared with the rest of the APAC region.
- Pyramid Research expects total telecom revenue in Hong Kong to grow at a CAGR of 1.4% over the next five years to reach $6.8bn in 2020, driven by operators investment in improving network speed and capacity.
- Data will emerge as the largest contributor toward overall telecom service revenue over the forecast, with its share growing from 46.3% to 54.6% of overall telecom service revenue by 2020. Mobile data will have a major share of 76.3% in data revenue, owing to aggressive 4G expansions, reduction in data tariffs and increased smartphone proliferation.
“Hong Kong: Operators Work to Promote 4G Migration and Compete on Customer Experience” report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Hong Kong today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Hong Kongs telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Hong Kong compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Hong Kong.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Hong Kongs telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of Hong Kongs telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Hong Kongs mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customers demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the Hong Kong telecom market.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Hong Kong.
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
List Of Tables
Hong Kong telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2015E
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
Hong Kong communications market revenue , 2013-2020
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020
Segment revenues 2013-2020
Service revenue mix: voice, data and video, 2015, 2020
Service revenue mix: fixed and mobile, 2015, 2020
Service revenue by operator, 2015
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
Key mobile market indicators, 2015
Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
Total mobile ARPS; data percentage of total mobile ARPS, 2013-2020
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2013-2020
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
Key fixed market indicators, 2015
Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
Internet revenue, 2013-2020
Fixed market shares by service, 2015
Fixed access lines by technology, 2015, 2020
Pay-TV subscriptions by technology, 2013-2020
Opportunities in the Hong Kong telecommunications market
Tsit Wing Coffee Co Ltd is taking steady steps towards expanding itself into a more extensive provider of food and beverage items for commercial clients. Besides its planned expansion initiatives
USD 150View Report
Tea drinking is an important part of consumers daily routine. Aside from the traditional tea found in teahouses and Chinese restaurants, there are many other types of tea such as
Other hot drinks, especially malt-based hot drinks like Ovaltine and Horlicks, is considered to constitute healthy beverages. Consumption of malt-based hot drinks is a quick way to meet daily dietary
Almost 60% of the Hong Kong adult population is considered affluent, comparable to markets in the developed West like Switzerland, while wealth growth rates still resemble those found in emerging
USD 3450View Report
This PESTLE country analysis report on Hong Kong provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support
USD 350View Report
The telecom market in Hong Kong is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 1.0% (0.5% in local currency terms) during 2016-2021, primarily driven by growth in data revenue. Mobile
PDF FORMAT REPORTS will be delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours after placing the order (Mon-Fri IST)
|Published Date||:||Nov 2015|
|No. of Pages||:||31|
|Report Delivery By||:|
|Report Delivery Time||:||12 to 24 hours after placing the order.|
If you do not find this specific report suitable to your exact needs then you can also opt for customized research report that will befit all your expectation. To specify your requirements CLICK HERE