L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. (LLL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. (L-3) is a provider of communication and electronic systems and products to the aerospace and defense sectors. The company offers wide range of products that include intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems, simulation and training, night vision and image intensification equipment, aircraft sustainment, enterprise and mission information technology (IT) solutions, and cyber operations shipboard communications and secure networked communications It also provides communication products, naval power systems, information security systems, missiles and munitions, airport security systems, and , telemetry and instrumentation. L-3 offers its products to wide customer base that includes the US Department of Homeland Security, Aerospace and Defense contractors, the U.S. Department of Defense, US government intelligence agencies, commercial customers, allied foreign governments ministries of defense and other US federal, state and local government agencies. L-3 is headquartered in New York, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Key Facts 6
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Key Employees 7
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - History 12
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Company Statement 18
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries3
Other Locations & Subsidiaries3
Section 2 Company Analysis9
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Business Description9
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 30
SWOT Analysis - Overview 30
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Strengths 30
Strength - Aerospace Franchise 30
Strength - Research and Development 30
Strength - Operational Network 30
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Weaknesses 31
Weakness - Declining Profitability 31
Weakness - Declining Performance of Electronic Systems Segment 31
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Opportunities 32
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions and Divestitures 32
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 32
Opportunity - Growing Aircraft Industry 32
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: India and China 32
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Threats 33
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 33
Threat - Stiff Competition 33
Threat - Stringent Regulations 33
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. - Key Competitors 34
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 35
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 35
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 36
Performance Chart 38
Financial Performance 38
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 39
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 40
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 41
Section 4 Appendix 42
Ratio Definitions 42
About GlobalData 46
Contact Us 46
List Of Tables
List of Tables
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Key Facts 6
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Key Employees 7
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., History 12
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Other Locations 23
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Subsidiaries 24
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Key Competitors 34
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 35
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Annual Ratios 36
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Interim Ratios 39
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 41
Currency Codes 42
Capital Market Ratios 42
Equity Ratios 43
Profitability Ratios 43
Cost Ratios 44
Liquidity Ratios 44
Leverage Ratios 45
Efficiency Ratios 45
List Of Figures
List of Figures
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 38
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., Ratio Charts 40