Swisscom AG (SCMN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Swisscom AG (Swisscom) is an integrated telecommunication service provider. The company offers products and services related to mobile, fixed and Internet protocol (IP)-based voice and data communications. It offers analog and digital access services and broadband services over existing subscriber lines. The company also offers services for IT infrastructure outsourcing and management services for communications infrastructures. Swisscom offers its services to residential customers and small and medium-sized enterprises. The company operates network in Italy and offers voice, data, Internet and IP TV services through its subsidiary. Geographically, the company conducts its operations in Europe (including Switzerland, Italy) and the US. Swisscom is headquartered in Worblaufen, Switzerland.
Swisscom AG Key Recent Developments
Feb 05, 2015: Four major market players drive electro-mobility forward
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Swisscom AG - Key Facts 6
Swisscom AG - Key Employees 7
Swisscom AG - Key Employee Biographies 8
Swisscom AG - Major Products and Services 9
Swisscom AG - History 10
Swisscom AG - Company Statement 13
Swisscom AG - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
Swisscom AG - Business Description 19
Swisscom AG - Corporate Strategy0
Swisscom AG - SWOT Analysis1
SWOT Analysis - Overview1
Swisscom AG - Strengths1
Strength - Swisscom Switzerland Franchise1
Strength - Subscriber Base1
Strength - Business Performance: Fastweb Segment1
Swisscom AG - Weaknesses2
Weakness - Substantial Debt2
Swisscom AG - Opportunities3
Opportunity - Growing Cloud Computing Market3
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Smartphones3
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives3
Opportunity - Growing Demand for LTE Technology3
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisition3
Swisscom AG - Threats4
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes4
Threat - Stiff Competition4
Threat - Foreign Exchange Fluctuations4
Swisscom AG - Key Competitors5
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios6
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios6
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios7
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Swisscom AG, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 33
Feb 05, 2015: Four major market players drive electro-mobility forward 33
Section 5 Appendix 34
Ratio Definitions 34
About GlobalData 38
Contact Us 38
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Swisscom AG, Key Facts 6
Swisscom AG, Key Employees 7
Swisscom AG, Key Employee Biographies 8
Swisscom AG, Major Products and Services 9
Swisscom AG, History 10
Swisscom AG, Subsidiaries 17
Swisscom AG, Key Competitors 25
Swisscom AG, Ratios based on current share price 26
Swisscom AG, Annual Ratios 27
Swisscom AG, Interim Ratios 30
Swisscom AG, Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 34
Capital Market Ratios 34
Equity Ratios 35
Profitability Ratios 35
Cost Ratios 36
Liquidity Ratios 36
Leverage Ratios 37
Efficiency Ratios 37
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Swisscom AG, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 29
Swisscom AG, Ratio Charts 31