Sumco Corporation (3436) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Sumco Corporation (Sumco) formerly Sumitomo Mitsubishi Silicon Corp. is a technology company. It manufactures silicon wafers for semiconductor industry. Its major products include single crystal silicon ingots, polished wafers, annealed wafers, epitaxial wafers, junction isolated wafers, silicon-on-insulator wafers, specifications of silicon wafers and reclaimed polished wafers. It also manufactures and sells high-purity quartz crucibles used in the manufacturing process of silicon wafers. The company has offices and manufacturing plants in various parts of Japan and it operates in North America, Asia and Europe through subsidiaries. Sumco is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Sumco Corporation - Key Facts 6
Sumco Corporation - Key Employees 7
Sumco Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Sumco Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Sumco Corporation - History 10
Sumco Corporation - Company Statement 11
Sumco Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 Company Analysis 16
Sumco Corporation - Business Description 16
Sumco Corporation - SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis - Overview 17
Sumco Corporation - Strengths 17
Strength - Focused R&D Activities 17
Strength - Expertise in Silicon Products 17
Strength - Dominant Position 17
Sumco Corporation - Weaknesses 18
Weakness - Increasing Inventory 18
Weakness - Substantial Debt 18
Sumco Corporation - Opportunities 19
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Semiconductor Market 19
Opportunity - Rising Energy Demand 19
Sumco Corporation - Threats0
Threat - Infringement of Intellectual Property0
Threat - Changes in Technology0
Threat - Stringent Government Regulations0
Sumco Corporation - Key Competitors1
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios2
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios2
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios3
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios6
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts7
Section 4 Appendix8
About GlobalData 32
Contact Us 32
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Sumco Corporation, Key Facts 6
Sumco Corporation, Key Employees 7
Sumco Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Sumco Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Sumco Corporation, History 10
Sumco Corporation, Other Locations 13
Sumco Corporation, Subsidiaries 14
Sumco Corporation, Key Competitors 21
Sumco Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 22
Sumco Corporation, Annual Ratios 23
Sumco Corporation, Interim Ratios 26
Currency Codes 28
Capital Market Ratios 28
Equity Ratios 29
Profitability Ratios 29
Cost Ratios 30
Liquidity Ratios 30
Leverage Ratios 31
Efficiency Ratios 31
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Sumco Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 25
Sumco Corporation, Ratio Charts 27