Germany is the second largest telecom market in term of telecom service revenue behind the UK. The existing high urbanization and literacy levels, and its affluence in the European region owing to its strong economic performances, makes Germany an attractive market for the telecommunication services. The market is characterized by intense competition amongst the several operators, competing for competing on triple-play services, with the leading telcos namely Deutsche Telekom and Vodafone Germany- competing aggressively for quad-play services. LTE subscribers will account for nearly 58% of the total mobile subscriptions by 2020, driven by increased expansion of LTE networks, wider availability of cheaper 4G devices and attractive packages to stimulate adoption. The telecom market continues to undergo a significant wave of consolidation with the acquisition of select telcos like Kabel Deutschland, Versatel, E-Plus beginning June 2013.
- Germanys telecom service revenue is expected to return to growth in 2015 mainly driven by mobile services and further expansion of the pay-TV market.
- LTE will move beyond early-adopter status and subscriptions will grow to 74.6m by year-end 2020, driven by increased expansion of LTE networks, wider availability of cheaper 4G devices and attractive data packages.
- Broadband penetration will increase to 41.7% of the population by year-end 2020, driven by broader network availability, growth in the business segment, and some residential voice-only households moving to double-play packages.
- The pay-TV market in Germany will add 3.2m pay-TV subscriptions through 2020 mainly due to the estimated growth of IPTV bundled with DSL/fiber broadband.
“Germany: Consolidation, Convergence and Next Generation Networks and Services Will Drive Healthy Competition.” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Germany today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of Germany, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Germany in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Germany.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in telecommunications and pay-TV markets of Germany.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an understanding of the current business strategies and future trends of the German telecommunications and pay-TV market, service providers and key opportunities based on insights directly from the local market players in a concise format.
- Provides an overview of the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in German mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and build proactive growth strategies to meet customers demand.
- Offers a broad but detailed perspective of the market to facilitate the telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Germany.
- Provides an insight on the competitive landscape and the major players in the markets, for the local players or prospective market entrants.
- The presentation quality allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately, keeping in view the requirements for an executive-level audience.
- Contains a summarized section for the opportunities available in the German market to operators, vendors and investors.
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
Exhibit 20: Airtels African tower sales
Exhibit 21: LTE subscriptions in Israel, 2014-2019
List Of Figures
Germany telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2015E 5
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
Germany communications market revenue (in US$), 2013-2020
Segment revenue CAGRs (in US$), 2015-2020
Germany communications market revenue (in €), 2013-2020
Segment revenue CAGRs (in €), 2015-2020
Segment revenues 2013-2020
Service revenue mix: voice, data and video, 2015, 2020
Service revenue mix: fixed and mobile, 2015, 2020
Service revenue by operator, 2015
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
Key mobile market indicators, 2015
Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
Total ARPS; data percentage of total ARPS, 2013-2020
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2013-2020
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
Key fixed market indicators, 2015
Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
Internet revenue, 2013-2020
Fixed market shares by service, 2015
Fixed access lines by technology, 2015, 2020
Pay-TV subscriptions by technology, 2013-2020
Opportunities in the Germany telecommunications market
This PESTLE country analysis report on Germany provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend
USD 350View Report
The telecommunications market in Germany will generate service revenue of $48.9bn (44.7bn) in 2016. Telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 0.5% in local currency over 2016-2021, mainly
USD 990View Report
Strategic Defense Intelligence in its report Defense and Civil Spends on Aircrafts in Germany: 2016 to 2024 provides quantitative top-level view of projected spends on Aircrafts. According to Strategic Defense
USD 500View Report
PDF FORMAT REPORTS will be delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours after placing the order (Mon-Fri IST)
|Published Date||:||Oct 2015|
|No. of Pages||:||33|
|Report Delivery By||:|
|Report Delivery Time||:||12 to 24 hours after placing the order.|
If you do not find this specific report suitable to your exact needs then you can also opt for customized research report that will befit all your expectation. To specify your requirements CLICK HERE