Equinix, Inc. (EQIX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Equinix, Inc. (Equinix) is a communication network service provider. It offers services such as carrier-neutral colocation, interconnection and managed services to financial service companies, network providers, enterprises, content companies and systems integrators. The company offers its services to e-commerce, healthcare, government, advertising, mobile, cloud service provides, financial services, networks, content delivery systems, gaming and digital media and entertainment. Equinix connects over 4,800 companies directly to partners and customers. The company operates more than 95 international business exchange (IBX) data centers in 33 markets in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. Equinix is headquartered in Redwood, the US.
Equinix, Inc. Key Recent Developments
May 20, 2015: Equinix to Install Bloom Energy Fuel Cells at Silicon Valley Data Center
Apr 22, 2015: Equinix Advances Sustainability Program with Clean Energy from Iberdrola Renewables
Jul 23, 2013: Equinix Contracts Schneider Electrics Data Center Service Provider Team to Deliver Energy Management Procurement and Sustainability Services
Jul 17, 2013: Minister Puttrich takes fuel cell operating at Equinix solemnly
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Equinix, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Equinix, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Equinix, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 9
Equinix, Inc. - Major Products and Services 11
Equinix, Inc. - History 12
Equinix, Inc. - Company Statement 17
Equinix, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 20
Head Office 20
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 20
Section 2 Company Analysis 23
Equinix, Inc. - Business Description 23
Equinix, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 24
Equinix, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis - Overview 25
Equinix, Inc. - Strengths 25
Strength - International Business Exchange (IBX) Platform 25
Strength - Operational Network 25
Strength - Business Performance: Americas Segment 25
Equinix, Inc. - Weaknesses 26
Weakness - Declining Profitability 26
Weakness - Rising Debt Burden 26
Equinix, Inc. - Opportunities 27
Opportunity - Growing Enterprise Applications Markets 27
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 27
Opportunity - Capacity Expansions 27
Opportunity - Strategic Agreements and Collaborations 27
Equinix, Inc. - Threats 28
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 28
Threat - Competitive Market 28
Threat - Security Breach 28
Equinix, Inc. - Key Competitors 29
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 31
Performance Chart 32
Financial Performance 32
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 33
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 34
Equinix, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 35
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 36
May 20, 2015: Equinix to Install Bloom Energy Fuel Cells at Silicon Valley Data Center 36
Apr 22, 2015: Equinix Advances Sustainability Program with Clean Energy from Iberdrola Renewables 37
Section 5 Appendix 38
Ratio Definitions 38
About GlobalData 42
Contact Us 42
List Of Tables
Equinix, Inc., Key Facts 6
Equinix, Inc., Key Employees 7
Equinix, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 9
Equinix, Inc., Major Products and Services 11
Equinix, Inc., History 12
Equinix, Inc., Other Locations 20
Equinix, Inc., Subsidiaries 21
Equinix, Inc., Key Competitors 29
Equinix, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 30
Equinix, Inc., Annual Ratios 31
Equinix, Inc., Interim Ratios 33
Equinix, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 35
Currency Codes 38
Capital Market Ratios 38
Equity Ratios 39
Profitability Ratios 39
Cost Ratios 40
Liquidity Ratios 40
Leverage Ratios 41
Efficiency Ratios 41
List Of Figures
Equinix, Inc., Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 32
Equinix, Inc., Ratio Charts 34