Algeria is the largest telecom market in the Greater Maghreb region and is estimated to generate revenue of $4.4bn in 2015. The telecom services revenues will grow at a CAGR of 4.8% over the period 2015-20, driven by the growth in mobile services revenues, primarily from mobile data owing to increasing popularity of 3G services. Though VoIP will be the fastest growing segment, mobile data is estimated to contribute around 31% of telecoms service revenue in 2020 versus 18% in 2015 The fixed telecom segment is still monopolized by Algrie Tlcom, whereas the mobile segment has three operators: Djezzy, Mobilis and Ooredoo Algeria, with each of them offering 3G services. The commercial launch of 4G services is still awaited and the ministry of ICT announced in 2015 that LTE mobile services would be launched by year-end 2015. However, the regulator has not yet launched the auction. With the expected eventual launch of 4G mobile services, handset vendors may leverage the opportunity to introduce new devices to the market and operators can leverage increased data usage to drive up revenues.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Algeria is estimated to increase by 9.8% in Algerian dinars versus 2014 but decrease 7.7% in dollar terms due to local currency depreciation.
- From 2015 to 2020, the Algerian telecommunications market will see service revenue grow at a 4.8% CAGR in dollar terms, boosted by mobile and fixed broadband infrastructure developments.
- This growth will be fueled by 3G network coverage expansion and attractive data packages, the expected launch of mobile 4G, the development of fiber infrastructure projects, and the recent launch of fixed LTE.
- Mobile revenue will account for 85.5% of the total telecom market in 2020, up from 84.9% in 2015. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 15.7% CAGR from 2015 to 2020.
- We expect the number of fixed access lines - circuit-switched voice, VoIP and broadband - to increase to 8.5m in 2020, up from 6.1m in 2015.
- Djezzy, the mobile leader, has been struggling recently to maintain its market share, facing aggressive competition from Ooredoo Algeria and Mobilis.But the lifting of restrictions on its currency transfers, after the state acquired a 51% stake in the operator, will help Djezzy maintain its leadership position.
- The fixed space remains under the monopoly of the incumbent, Algrie Tlcom, which, combinedwith its mobile wing Mobilis, will account for 34.2% of market revenue in 2015. The government owns 51.6% ofthe telecom sector (in value terms) in Algeria.
Algeria: Mobile and Fixed Broadband Infrastructure Developments to Boost the Telecom Sector through 2020 report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Algeria today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Algerias telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Algeria compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Algeria.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Algerias telecommunications markets.
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the Algerian telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Algerias mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customers demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the Algerias telecom market.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Algeria.
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
List Of Figures
Algeria telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2015E
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
Algeria communications market revenue by segment, 2013-2020
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020
Segment revenues 2013-2020
Service revenue mix: voice, data and video, 2015, 2020
Service revenue mix: fixed and mobile, 2015, 2020
Service revenue by operator, 2015
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
Key mobile market indicators, 2015
Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
Total mobile ARPS; data percentage of total mobile ARPS, 2013-2020
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2014-2020
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
Key fixed market indicators, 2015
Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
Internet revenue, 2013-2020
Opportunities in the Algerian telecommunications market
Algeria: LTE Roll Outs, 3G Network Expansion and Fiber Deployments will Drive Telecom Market Growth provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the Algeria today, with detailed forecasts
Strategic Defense Intelligence in its report Defense Spends on Helicopters in Algeria: 2016 to 2024 provides quantitative top-level view of projected spends on Helicopters. According to Strategic Defense Intelligence, a
Strategic Defense Intelligence in its report Defense and Civil Spends on Aircrafts in Algeria: 2016 to 2024 provides quantitative top-level view of projected spends on Aircrafts. According to Strategic Defense
Notes:Sales, means the sales volume of Mobile EMV POS TerminalsRevenue, means the sales value of Mobile EMV POS TerminalsThis report studies sales (consumption) of Mobile EMV POS Terminals in Europe
Notes:Sales, means the sales volume of Mobile Laser ScannersRevenue, means the sales value of Mobile Laser ScannersThis report studies sales (consumption) of Mobile Laser Scanners in United States market, focuses
Notes:Sales, means the sales volume of Mobile Business IntelligenceRevenue, means the sales value of Mobile Business IntelligenceThis report studies sales (consumption) of Mobile Business Intelligence in Global market, especially in
If you want to purchase particular section from this report then kindly contact us at email@example.com.