Russia: Amid Crisis, Telecom Market Continues to Grow, Driven by Data Services, a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Russias mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Russian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2014, Russia was the largest telecom services market in Central and Eastern Europe, with estimated revenue of US$36bn, or 1.9% of GDP. Data services, both mobile and fixed, were the most important growth driver, generating $1.3bn more revenue in 2014 than in 2013, already discounting exchange rate effects.
- The top three mobile operators, MTS, MegaFon and Beeline, which also provide fixed services, accounted for 62% of overall service revenue in 2014. Adding fixed incumbent Rostelecom, the top four players in the market concentrate 81% of revenue. Competition is quite fierce, however, especially in the mobile and fixed broadband segments.
- Operators should focus on unleashing untapped demand for broadband services, via innovative pricing, prioritized network expansion and device availability. Ongoing fixed and mobile broadband network investments present opportunities to network vendors.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Russia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Russias telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Russia compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Russia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2015 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Russias telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Russias telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Researchs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Russias mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Russias telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Russia.
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
List Of Figures
Russian telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2014
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
Russia communications market revenue, 2013-2020
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020
Russia communications market revenue, 2013-2020
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020 (rubles)
Market segment revenues, 2013-2020
Service revenue mix: voice, data and video, 2015, 2020
Service revenue mix: fixed and mobile, 2015, 2020
Service revenue by operator, 2015
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
Key mobile market indicators, 2015
Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
Total ARPS; data percentage of total ARPS, 2013-2020
Market shares of mobile operators by subscriptions, 2013-2020
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2013-2020
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
Fixed market indicators, 2015
Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
Internet revenue, 2013-2020
Fixed market shares by service, 2015
Fixed access lines by technology, 2015, 2020
Pay-TV subscriptions by technology, 2013-2010
Opportunities in the Russian telecommunications market
Strategic Defense Intelligence in its report Defense and Civil Spends on Aircrafts in Russia: 2016 to 2024 provides quantitative top-level view of projected spends on Aircrafts. According to Strategic Defense
USD 500View Report
Strategic Defense Intelligence in its report Defense and Civil Spends on Helicopters in Russia: 2016 to 2024 provides quantitative top-level view of projected spends on Helicopters. According to Strategic Defense
USD 500View Report
The telecommunications market in Russia will generate $19.3bn in service revenue in 2016. Telecom service revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.0% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by
USD 990View Report
PDF FORMAT REPORTS will be delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours after placing the order (Mon-Fri IST)
|Published Date||:||Jul 2015|
|No. of Pages||:||31|
|Report Delivery By||:|
|Report Delivery Time||:||12 to 24 hours after placing the order.|
If you do not find this specific report suitable to your exact needs then you can also opt for customized research report that will befit all your expectation. To specify your requirements CLICK HERE