TE Connectivity Ltd. (TEL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
TE Connectivity Ltd. (TE Connectivity), formerly known as Tyco Electronics Ltd., focuses on offering transportation, communications and industrial, and network solutions. Its solutions find applications in automotive, aerospace, defense, marine, industrial, consumer devices, data communications, appliance, telecom networks, energy, enterprise networks and subsea communications industries. The companys product portfolio includes connectors, relays and circuit breakers, active and passive fiber optic components, wireless products, power components, resistors and inductors, and motors, among others. It operates manufacturing facilities and distribution centers across the globe. Its geographical operations are spreads across Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and North and South America. TE Connectivity is headquartered in Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
TE Connectivity Ltd. Key Recent Developments
Mar 17, 2015: TE Connectivity's MHP-TAM Series Offers Compact Thermal Protection for Lithium Batteries Used in Ultra-Thin Portable Consumer Electronics
Dec 03, 2013: TE Connectivity's Board Approves Recommendation To Raise Annualized Dividend By 16% To $1.16 Per Share
Nov 14, 2013: TE Connectivity Announces Fiscal 2014 First Quarter Dividend Record And Payment Dates
Oct 03, 2013: Process and Water Company to Provide TE Connectivity with Advanced System for Industrial Wastewater Recycling
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Key Facts 6
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Key Employees 7
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies 8
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Major Products and Services 9
TE Connectivity Ltd. - History 10
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Company Statement 13
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 Company Analysis 18
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Business Description 18
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Corporate Strategy 19
TE Connectivity Ltd. - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Strengths 20
Strength - Market Leadership 20
Strength - Research and Development 20
Strength - Strong Operation Network 20
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Weaknesses 21
Weakness - Declining Performance of Subsea Communications 21
Weakness - Dependence on Automotive Markets 21
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Opportunities 22
Opportunity - Growth in Telecommunications Services 22
Opportunity - Strong Backlog Portfolio 22
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 22
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Threats 23
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 23
Threat - Environmental Laws and Regulations 23
Threat - Highly Competitive Market 23
TE Connectivity Ltd. - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
TE Connectivity Ltd., Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 32
Mar 17, 2015: TE Connectivity's MHP-TAM Series Offers Compact Thermal Protection for Lithium Batteries Used in Ultra-Thin Portable Consumer Electronics 32
Jan 08, 2014: TE Connectivity to Report Fiscal Year 2014 First Quarter Results on January 22, 2014 33
Jan 07, 2014: TE Connectivity Announces 2014 Annual General Meeting Of Shareholders 34
Section 5 Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39
List Of Tables
TE Connectivity Ltd., Key Facts 6
TE Connectivity Ltd., Key Employees 7
TE Connectivity Ltd., Key Employee Biographies 8
TE Connectivity Ltd., Major Products and Services 9
TE Connectivity Ltd., History 10
TE Connectivity Ltd., Other Locations 15
TE Connectivity Ltd., Subsidiaries 15
TE Connectivity Ltd., Key Competitors 24
TE Connectivity Ltd., Ratios based on current share price 25
TE Connectivity Ltd., Annual Ratios 26
TE Connectivity Ltd., Interim Ratios 29
TE Connectivity Ltd., Recent Deals Summary 31
Currency Codes 35
Capital Market Ratios 35
Equity Ratios 36
Profitability Ratios 36
Cost Ratios 37
Liquidity Ratios 37
Leverage Ratios 38
Efficiency Ratios 38
List Of Figures
TE Connectivity Ltd., Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 28
TE Connectivity Ltd., Ratio Charts 30