Microsemi Corporation (MSCC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Microsemi Corporation (Microsemi), formerly Microsemiconductor Corporation is a manufacturer and marketer of high-performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions. The company's broad range of product portfolio include amplifiers, anti-tamper solutions, commercial power modules, drivers, transistors, IGBTs, (Insulated-gate bipolar transistor) integrated products, MOSFETS (metaloxidesemiconductor field-effect transistor), power integrated circuits, power management group, power over ethernet, PoE integrated solutions, diodes and rectifiers, RF (radio frequency) integrated solutions, thyristors, voltage regulators and zener diodes among others. The companys products find application in various sectors such as aerospace, security and defense, industrial and alternative energy and enterprise and commercial markets. It offers analog, mixed-signal integrated circuits and discrete semiconductor components for managing power, protection against transient voltage spikes, and transmitting, receiving and amplifying electronic signals. The company conducts its operations across the US, Europe, and Asia. Microsemi is headquartered in Aliso Viejo, the US.
Microsemi Corporation Key Recent Developments
Dec 03, 2013: Microsemi to Present at Raymond James 2013 Systems, Semiconductors, Software & Supply Chain Conference
Nov 27, 2013: Microsemi to Present at Nasdaq OMX International Investor Conference in London
Nov 14, 2013: Microsemi Announces New Executive and Board Positions
Nov 07, 2013: Microsemi Reports Fourth Quarter 2013 Results
Jul 11, 2013: Microsemi Releases New Generation of High-power, High-performance 650V NPT IGBTs for Industrial Applications
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Microsemi Corporation - Key Facts 6
Microsemi Corporation - Key Employees 7
Microsemi Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Microsemi Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Microsemi Corporation - History 11
Microsemi Corporation - Company Statement 15
Microsemi Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 20
Microsemi Corporation - Business Description 20
Microsemi Corporation - Corporate Strategy 21
Microsemi Corporation - SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis - Overview 22
Microsemi Corporation - Strengths 22
Strength - End Markets Diversity 22
Strength - Focus on Development of New Technologies and Products 22
Strength - Industry Recognitions 22
Microsemi Corporation - Weaknesses 23
Weakness - Declined Operating Performance 23
Weakness - Limited Liquidity 23
Microsemi Corporation - Opportunities 24
Opportunity - Growing Voice Technology Market 24
Opportunity - Growth in Global Semiconductor Industry 24
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 24
Microsemi Corporation - Threats 25
Threat - Reliance on Contract Manufacturers 25
Threat - Highly Competitive Market 25
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 25
Threat - Regulations from RoHS and WEEE 25
Microsemi Corporation - Key Competitors 26
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 32
Nov 25, 2014: Microsemi Introduces Innovative High Reliability Outdoor Lightning Protection Device for Ethernet Solutions 32
Nov 06, 2014: Microsemi Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2014 Results 33
Jul 24, 2014: Microsemi Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2014 Results 34
Apr 24, 2014: Microsemi Reports Fiscal Second Quarter 2014 Results 35
Jan 23, 2014: Microsemi Reports First Quarter 2014 Results 36
Section 5 Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List Of Tables
Microsemi Corporation, Key Facts 6
Microsemi Corporation, Key Employees 7
Microsemi Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Microsemi Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Microsemi Corporation, History 11
Microsemi Corporation, Other Locations 17
Microsemi Corporation, Subsidiaries 18
Microsemi Corporation, Key Competitors 26
Microsemi Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 27
Microsemi Corporation, Annual Ratios 28
Microsemi Corporation, Interim Ratios 30
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
List Of Figures
Microsemi Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 29
Microsemi Corporation, Ratio Charts 31