Level 3 Communications, Inc. (LVLT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Level 3 Communications Inc. (Level 3) is a provider of a wide range of integrated communications services. The company offers various solutions including cloud connect intelligent network, network-based security, secure access and mobility, voice complete, and video cloud. These solutions are offered to various industries which include financial services, government solutions, healthcare, media and entertainment, and wholesale. The company also offerings internet and data services, transport services, colocation and data center services, and voice and collaboration services.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Major Products and Services 10
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - History 12
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Company Statement 17
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 22
Head Office 22
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 22
Section 2 Company Analysis 24
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Business Description 24
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 25
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 26
SWOT Analysis - Overview 26
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Strengths 26
Strength - Wide network coverage 26
Strength - Comprehensive patent portfolio 26
Strength - Increasing Core Network Services Revenue 26
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Weaknesses 27
Weakness - Concentrated client base 27
Weakness - Limited Liquidity 27
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Opportunities 28
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 28
Opportunity - Growing mobile broadband subscriptions 28
Opportunity - Cloud Computing Market 28
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Threats 29
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 29
Threat - Stringent regulations 29
Threat - Intense Competition 29
Level 3 Communications, Inc. - Key Competitors 30
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 32
Performance Chart 33
Financial Performance 33
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 34
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 35
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 36
Section 4 Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List Of Tables
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Key Facts 6
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Key Employees 7
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Major Products and Services 10
Level 3 Communications, Inc., History 12
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Other Locations 22
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Subsidiaries 23
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Key Competitors 30
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 31
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Annual Ratios 32
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Interim Ratios 34
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 36
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
List Of Figures
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 33
Level 3 Communications, Inc., Ratio Charts 35