'Venezuela: Long-Awaited 4G spectrum Available, but Operators Face Uphill Battle to Build Coverage,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Venezuela's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Venezuelan market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- The Venezuelan telecom services market recorded total revenue of $14.0bn in 2014. Over the next five years, in US dollar terms, Venezuela's total market revenue will shrink at a CAGR of -4.4% to reach $11.2bn in 2019 (in local currency terms, the telecom services market will grow at a five-year CAGR of 22.1%).
- Fixed broadband penetration of population stood at 8.0% at year-end 2014, which translates into 2.4m lines. We expect broadband lines to reach 3.7m by year-end 2019, a penetration rate of 11.2% of the population. Much of the growth will be driven by Cantv reaching previously unserved areas of the country with comparably affordable xDSL-based prepaid and postpaid plans.
- After many delays, the long-awaited 4G auction in Venezuela took place in December 2014 (originally announced for year-end 2013). Movistar secured 20MHz and 40MHz of spectrum in the AWS and 2.5GHz bands, respectively. Movilnet secured 20MHz in the AWS band, while DirecTV secured 40MHz in the 2.5GHz band.
- During 2014, pay-TV operators in Venezuela faced significant challenges to obtain foreign currency for the purchase of content and new set-top boxes. Despite this, pay-TV subscriptions registered year-on-year growth of 10.9% in 2014, to reach 4.6m and a household penetration of 69.3%, well above the region's average of 41.3%.
Venezuela: Long-Awaited 4G spectrum Available, but Operators Face Uphill Battle to Build Coverage provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Venezuela today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Venezuela's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Venezuela in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Venezuela.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Venezuela's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Venezuela's telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Venezuela.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Venezuelan market to operators, vendors and investors.
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
This PESTLE country analysis report on Venezuela provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend
Strategic Defense Intelligence in its report Defense Spends on Helicopters in Venezuela: 2016 to 2024 provides quantitative top-level view of projected spends on Helicopters. According to Strategic Defense Intelligence, a
Strategic Defense Intelligence in its report Defense Spends on Aircrafts in Venezuela: 2016 to 2024 provides quantitative top-level view of projected spends on Aircrafts. According to Strategic Defense Intelligence, an
Guatemala: Long-Awaited 4G/LTE Spectrum Allocation will Drive Growth in Data Services Market, a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Guatemalas mobile and fixed
If you want to purchase particular section from this report then kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.