'Panama: Operators Await Release of 700MHz Spectrum to Drive 4G Adoption and Revenue,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Panama's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Panamanian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- Panama's telecom and pay-TV market generated an estimated $1.4bn in service revenue in 2014, 5.4% more than in 2013. The mobile voice and data segments alone generated 65.5% of total revenue for the segment in 2014, while the fixed broadband Internet, voice and pay-TV segments accounted for the remaining 34.5%.
- Panama's penetration rate of 172.4% is well above the Latin American average of 119.5%. Panama's unusually high penetration rate is mainly due to a higher incidence of multi-SIM ownership, resulting from price-conscious users acquiring several prepaid SIM cards in order to benefit from as many low-cost deals as possible.
- By year-end 2014, Panama reached a fixed voice penetration of population rate of 15.2%, in line with the Latin America average of 15.1%. Over the forecast period, we expect that the fixed voice penetration rate will continue declining to 13.5% by year-end 2019
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Panama today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Panama telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Panama compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Panama.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Panama's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Panama's telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Panama mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Panama's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Panama.
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
'Panama: Operators Await Release of 700MHz Spectrum to Drive 4G Adoption and Revenue,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Panama's mobile and
If you want to purchase particular section from this report then kindly contact us at email@example.com.