Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief Summary
of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft) is a technology-based company that develops, licenses, and supports software products, services, and devices. The company offers a comprehensive range of operating systems, cross-device productivity applications, server applications, business solution applications, desktop and server management tools, software development tools, video games and training and certification services. It also designs, manufactures, and sells PCs, tablets, gaming and entertainment consoles, phones, other intelligent devices. It provides a broad spectrum of services, including cloud-based solutions, solution support and consulting services. Microsoft markets, distributes and sells its offerings through original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, and resellers, online media, and Microsoft retail stores and other partner channels. The company operates through offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Microsoft is headquartered in Redmond, Washington, the US.
Microsoft Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jul 22, 2016: Microsoft to Deploy Largest U.S. Data Center in West Des Moines
Jul 11, 2016: GE and Microsoft partner to bring Predix to Azure, accelerating digital transformation for industrial customers
Jun 16, 2016: Microsoft Partners With Primus Power to Drive Energy Innovation at Datacenters
Jun 02, 2016: IRENA Joins Public/Private Sector Initiative to Boost Corporate Sourcing of Renewables
Apr 27, 2016: Twist Bioscience Announces Microsoft Purchase of its Synthetic DNA for Digital Data Storage Research
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Microsoft Corporation - Key Facts 6
Microsoft Corporation - Key Employees 7
Microsoft Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Microsoft Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Microsoft Corporation - History 11
Microsoft Corporation - Company Statement 36
Microsoft Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 38
Head Office 38
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 38
Joint Venture 42
Section 2 Company Analysis 43
Microsoft Corporation - Business Description 43
Microsoft Corporation - Corporate Strategy 44
Microsoft Corporation - SWOT Analysis 45
SWOT Analysis - Overview 45
Microsoft Corporation - Strengths 45
Strength - Cloud Platform: Azure 45
Strength - Research and Development Activities 45
Strength - Strong Intellectual Property 45
Strength - Robust Distribution, Sales and Marketing Network 45
Microsoft Corporation - Weaknesses 47
Weakness - Rising Debt Burden 47
Weakness - Business Performance: More Personal Computing 47
Microsoft Corporation - Opportunities 48
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Cloud Computing 48
Opportunity - Strategic Partnerships 48
Opportunity - Demand for Smartphones 48
Microsoft Corporation - Threats 49
Threat - Intense competition 49
Threat - Foreign Currency Exchange Rate Risk 49
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 49
Microsoft Corporation - Key Competitors 50
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 51
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 51
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 52
Performance Chart 54
Financial Performance 54
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 55
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 56
Microsoft Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 57
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 58
Jul 22, 2016: Microsoft to Deploy Largest U.S. Data Center in West Des Moines 58
Jul 11, 2016: GE and Microsoft partner to bring Predix to Azure, accelerating digital transformation for industrial customers 59
Jun 16, 2016: Microsoft Partners With Primus Power to Drive Energy Innovation at Datacenters 60
Jun 02, 2016: IRENA Joins Public/Private Sector Initiative to Boost Corporate Sourcing of Renewables 61
Apr 27, 2016: Twist Bioscience Announces Microsoft Purchase of its Synthetic DNA for Digital Data Storage Research 63
Apr 05, 2016: Schneider Electric to collaborate with Microsoft on cloud-based monitoring solutions for utility-scale solar power plants 64
Mar 18, 2016: ABB innovations improve energy efficiency of Microsoft landmark building 65
Mar 16, 2016: Public-Private Partnership among Commonwealth of Virginia, Microsoft and Dominion Delivers Additional Solar Energy to the State 66
Mar 09, 2016: Upstream Oil And Gas Companies Spend Smarter On Digital Technologies To Drive Value, Reduce Costs In Downturn, Accenture And Microsoft Survey Finds 67
Mar 02, 2016: BC Platforms and Microsoft to Provide Expanded Genomic Data Management Solutions in the Cloud 68
Section 5 Appendix 69
Ratio Definitions 69
About GlobalData 73
Contact Us 73
List Of Tables
Microsoft Corporation, Key Facts 6
Microsoft Corporation, Key Employees 7
Microsoft Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Microsoft Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Microsoft Corporation, History 11
Microsoft Corporation, Subsidiaries 38
Microsoft Corporation, Joint Venture 42
Microsoft Corporation, Key Competitors 50
Microsoft Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 51
Microsoft Corporation, Annual Ratios 52
Microsoft Corporation, Interim Ratios 55
Microsoft Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 57
Currency Codes 69
Capital Market Ratios 69
Equity Ratios 70
Profitability Ratios 70
Cost Ratios 71
Liquidity Ratios 71
Leverage Ratios 72
Efficiency Ratios 72
List Of Figures
Microsoft Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 54
Microsoft Corporation, Ratio Charts 56