Facebook, Inc. (FB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief Summary
of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Facebook, Inc. (Facebook) is a social networking, advertising and business insight solutions provider that offer various products and services for commercial and non-commercial customers. The company through its major products Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp and Oculus connects millions of people with their friends and families the world over, and helps them discover new products and services from local and global businesses. It enables people to share their opinions, ideas, photos and videos, and other activities through mobile devices and personal computers with audiences ranging from their closest friends to the general public. Facebook sells advertising placements to marketers and these ads let marketers reach people based on various factors including age, gender, location, interests, and behaviors. It has data centers in Altoona, Forest City, Lulea, Prineville and Ashburn. The company has offices in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Facebook is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, the US.
Facebook, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Sep 14, 2016: PNM Resources Applauds Facebook Selection of New Mexico as Site for New Data Center
Jun 02, 2016: IRENA Joins Public/Private Sector Initiative to Boost Corporate Sourcing of Renewables
Apr 06, 2016: Brookfield and Facebook to Enter Long-Term Renewable Energy Supply Agreement in Ireland
Jul 07, 2015: Governor Abbott Breaks Ground On New Facebook Data Center
May 28, 2015: Apple, Google and Facebook Urge North Carolina Legislators to Maintain Clean Energy Policies
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Facebook, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Facebook, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Facebook, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Facebook, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Facebook, Inc. - History 10
Facebook, Inc. - Company Statement 16
Facebook, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
Facebook, Inc. - Business Description 19
Facebook, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 20
Facebook, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Facebook, Inc. - Strengths 21
Strength - User-Friendly Graphic User Interface 21
Strength - Variety of Applications 21
Strength - Global Popularity 21
Strength - Strong Operating Performance 21
Facebook, Inc. - Weaknesses 23
Weakness - Duplicate and False Accounts 23
Weakness - User Privacy Issues 23
Facebook, Inc. - Opportunities 24
Opportunity - The Need of Social Engagement 24
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 24
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 24
Facebook, Inc. - Threats 25
Threat - Competition 25
Threat - Foreign Currency Risk 25
Threat - Regulations by Various Countries 25
Facebook, Inc. - Key Competitors 26
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Facebook, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 33
Sep 14, 2016: PNM Resources Applauds Facebook Selection of New Mexico as Site for New Data Center 33
Jun 02, 2016: IRENA Joins Public/Private Sector Initiative to Boost Corporate Sourcing of Renewables 34
Apr 06, 2016: Brookfield and Facebook to Enter Long-Term Renewable Energy Supply Agreement in Ireland 36
Jul 07, 2015: Governor Abbott Breaks Ground On New Facebook Data Center 37
May 28, 2015: Apple, Google and Facebook Urge North Carolina Legislators to Maintain Clean Energy Policies 38
Section 5 Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List Of Tables
Facebook, Inc., Key Facts 6
Facebook, Inc., Key Employees 7
Facebook, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Facebook, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Facebook, Inc., History 10
Facebook, Inc., Subsidiaries 18
Facebook, Inc., Key Competitors 26
Facebook, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 27
Facebook, Inc., Annual Ratios 28
Facebook, Inc., Interim Ratios 30
Facebook, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
List Of Figures
Facebook, Inc., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 29
Facebook, Inc., Ratio Charts 31