VMware, Inc. (VMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
VMware, Inc. (VMware), a subsidiary of EMC Corporation, is a virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions provider. The company develops and markets data center virtualization and cloud infrastructure, data center and cloud management, infrastructure as a service, desktop and application virtualization, personal desktop, and applications and data platform solutions through virtualization, cloud computing, data center, and business mobility technologies. It also offers software maintenance; and professional services such as design, implementation and training services. VMware markets its offerings through direct sales force and third party distributors, resellers, system vendors, systems integrators, and media and analysts. The company caters to government, education, healthcare and financial services sectors in the US and overseas markets. VMware is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
VMware, Inc. - Key Facts 6
VMware, Inc. - Key Employees 7
VMware, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 9
VMware, Inc. - Major Products and Services 11
VMware, Inc. - History 14
VMware, Inc. - Company Statement 20
VMware, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 22
Head Office 22
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 22
Section 2 Company Analysis 25
VMware, Inc. - Business Description 25
VMware, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 26
SWOT Analysis - Overview 26
VMware, Inc. - Strengths 26
Strength - Presence in IT-Virtualization 26
Strength - Robust Research and Development 26
Strength - Operational Performance 26
VMware, Inc. - Weaknesses 27
Weakness - Business Performance: VMware vSphere licenses 27
Weakness - Dependence on Distributors 27
VMware, Inc. - Opportunities 28
Opportunity - Market Outlook: Secure Cloud Storage 28
Opportunity - Emergence of Cloud Computing 28
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 28
VMware, Inc. - Threats 29
Threat - Competitive Pressures 29
Threat - Increasing Software Piracy 29
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 29
VMware, Inc. - Key Competitors 30
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 32
Performance Chart 34
Financial Performance 34
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 35
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 36
VMware, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 37
Section 4 Appendix 38
Ratio Definitions 38
About GlobalData 42
Contact Us 42
List Of Tables
List of Tables
VMware, Inc., Key Facts 6
VMware, Inc., Key Employees 7
VMware, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 9
VMware, Inc., Major Products and Services 11
VMware, Inc., History 14
VMware, Inc., Other Locations 22
VMware, Inc., Subsidiaries 23
VMware, Inc., Key Competitors 30
VMware, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 31
VMware, Inc., Annual Ratios 32
VMware, Inc., Interim Ratios 35
VMware, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 37
Currency Codes 38
Capital Market Ratios 38
Equity Ratios 39
Profitability Ratios 39
Cost Ratios 40
Liquidity Ratios 40
Leverage Ratios 41
Efficiency Ratios 41
List Of Figures
List of Figures
VMware, Inc., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 34
VMware, Inc., Ratio Charts 36