Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS) is a diversified telecommunications company. It provides a comprehensive range of wireless, home security and automation; cable, wireline broadband; video, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to over six million customers. Its service offerings include broadband access; caller ID; internet access; local, regional and long distance calling services; messaging services; managed network services; virtual private networks; voice and data services; text, video and picture messaging; voicemail, and text message alerts, among others. The company sells its products through direct sales, independent agents, third-party national retailers, website, and telesales. It offers its services through its subsidiaries in the US. TDS is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - History 11
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Company Statement 13
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 Company Analysis 16
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Business Description 16
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 17
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis - Overview 18
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Strengths 18
Strength - Business Performance: TDS Telecom 18
Strength - Business Performance: U.S. Cellular 18
Strength - Increase in Customer Base: U.S. Cellular 18
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Weaknesses 19
Weakness - Rising Debt Burden 19
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Opportunities 20
Opportunity - Growing Demand for WCDMA/HSPA and LTE Technology 20
Opportunity - Market Prospects: IoT Solutions 20
Opportunity - Outlook: US Telecommunication Industry 20
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Threats 21
Threat - Intense Competition 21
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 21
Threat - Stringent Regulations 21
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. - Key Competitors 22
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 28
Section 4 Appendix 29
Ratio Definitions 29
About GlobalData 33
Contact Us 33
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Key Facts 6
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Key Employees 7
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., History 11
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Other Locations 14
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Subsidiaries 14
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Key Competitors 22
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 23
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Annual Ratios 24
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Interim Ratios 27
Currency Codes 29
Capital Market Ratios 29
Equity Ratios 30
Profitability Ratios 30
Cost Ratios 31
Liquidity Ratios 31
Leverage Ratios 32
Efficiency Ratios 32
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 26
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Ratio Charts 28