SK Telecom Co., Ltd. (017670) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. (SK Telecom) is a provider of wireless telecommunications services. It focuses on the commercial development and implementation of wireless technologies. The companys service portfolio includes a wide range of cellular voice services; wireless data services; broadband internet, IP TV and fixed-line telephone services; and other new businesses including platform business, B2B solutions, healthcare business, and other businesses. It also offers internet portal services, online shopping services and other platform services, and gaming services. SK Telecom offers its wireless telecommunications services through its proprietary backbone networks based on CDMA, WCDMA and LTE technologies; and its wireless data transmission and wireless internet access services through its WiBro and Wi-Fi network. The company has operational presence with offices located in Korea, China, Japan, Singapore, the US and the UK. SK Telecom is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea.
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. Key Recent Developments
May 02, 2016: NIGC, SK Telecom Company Sign MoU
Mar 17, 2016: Cleveland HeartLab Partners with SK Telecom to Provide Valuable Cardiovascular Testing in China
Jan 19, 2016: Semtech Works With Korean Gas Supplier SK E&S And SK Telecom On LoRa-Based AMI System To Automatically Read Gas Meters And Detect Gas Leaks In South Korea
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Key Facts 6
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Key Employees 7
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies 8
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Major Products and Services 9
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - History 10
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Company Statement 18
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries 21
Head Office 21
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 21
Section 2 Company Analysis 23
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Business Description 23
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Corporate Strategy 24
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis - Overview 25
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Strengths 25
Strength - Dominant Market Position 25
Strength - Network Infrastructure 25
Strength - Research and Development Activities 25
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Weaknesses 26
Weakness - Legal Proceedings 26
Weakness - Business Performance: Cellular Services 26
Weakness - Higher Costs affecting Margins 26
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Opportunities 27
Opportunity - Growing Korean Telecommunications Industry 27
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 27
Opportunity - Strategic Partnerships 27
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Threats 28
Threat - Intense Competition 28
Threat - Government Regulations 28
Threat - Rapid Change in Technology 28
SK Telecom Co., Ltd. - Key Competitors 29
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 31
Performance Chart 33
Financial Performance 33
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 34
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 35
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Recent Deals Summary 36
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 37
May 02, 2016: NIGC, SK Telecom Company Sign MoU 37
Mar 17, 2016: Cleveland HeartLab Partners with SK Telecom to Provide Valuable Cardiovascular Testing in China 38
Jan 19, 2016: Semtech Works With Korean Gas Supplier SK E&S And SK Telecom On LoRa-Based AMI System To Automatically Read Gas Meters And Detect Gas Leaks In South Korea 39
Section 5 Appendix 40
Ratio Definitions 40
About GlobalData 44
Contact Us 44
List Of Tables
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Key Facts 6
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Key Employees 7
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Key Employee Biographies 8
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Major Products and Services 9
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., History 10
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Subsidiaries 21
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Key Competitors 29
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Ratios based on current share price 30
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Annual Ratios 31
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Interim Ratios 34
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Recent Deals Summary 36
Currency Codes 40
Capital Market Ratios 40
Equity Ratios 41
Profitability Ratios 41
Cost Ratios 42
Liquidity Ratios 42
Leverage Ratios 43
Efficiency Ratios 43
List Of Figures
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 33
SK Telecom Co., Ltd., Ratio Charts 35