SoftBank Group Corp (9984) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
SoftBank Group Corp. (SoftBank) is a provider of integrated telecommunications services. The company operates various businesses related to the information industry with presence in fixed-line telecommunications, mobile communications, Internet services and distribution. Its comprehensive services include cellular phone services, high-speed Internet access services, Internet protocol (IP) phone service, and transmission services for audio and data across segments. The company also sells mobile devices, accessories accompanying the mobile communication services and broadband services to retail customers in Japan and the US. It also engages in the production and distribution of online games for smartphones and other devices and manages the Fukuoka SoftBank HAWKS related business. The company operates through subsidiaries and affiliates in Japan, the US and other countries. SoftBank is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
SoftBank Group Corp Key Recent Developments
Mar 29, 2016: SoftBank and partners to cooperate on interconnected power grid projects
Oct 30, 2015: For the start of operation of the "Softbank sunlight Solar Park"
Aug 20, 2015: Adani negotiates with Softbank and Foxconn on $3bn solar investment plan
Aug 15, 2015: SoftBank enters into geothermal power generation
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
SoftBank Group Corp - Key Facts 6
SoftBank Group Corp - Key Employees 7
SoftBank Group Corp - Key Employee Biographies 8
SoftBank Group Corp - Major Products and Services 9
SoftBank Group Corp - History 10
SoftBank Group Corp - Company Statement 16
SoftBank Group Corp - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Joint Venture 20
Section 2 Company Analysis 21
SoftBank Group Corp - Business Description 21
SoftBank Group Corp - Corporate Strategy 22
SoftBank Group Corp - SWOT Analysis 23
SWOT Analysis - Overview 23
SoftBank Group Corp - Strengths 23
Strength - Business Performance: Domestic Communications Segment 23
Strength - Business Performance: Yahoo Japan Segment 23
SoftBank Group Corp - Weaknesses 24
Weakness - Cost Affecting Margins 24
Weakness - Liquidity Concerns 24
SoftBank Group Corp - Opportunities 25
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives: Joint Ventures 25
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Smartphones 25
Opportunity - Strategic Partnerships 25
SoftBank Group Corp - Threats 26
Threat - Competitive Environment 26
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 26
Threat - Stringent Regulations 26
SoftBank Group Corp - Key Competitors 27
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 29
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 33
SoftBank Group Corp, Recent Deals Summary 34
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 35
Mar 29, 2016: SoftBank and partners to cooperate on interconnected power grid projects 35
Oct 30, 2015: For the start of operation of the "Softbank sunlight Solar Park" 36
Aug 20, 2015: Adani negotiates with Softbank and Foxconn on $3bn solar investment plan 37
Aug 15, 2015: SoftBank enters into geothermal power generation 38
Section 5 Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List Of Tables
SoftBank Group Corp, Key Facts 6
SoftBank Group Corp, Key Employees 7
SoftBank Group Corp, Key Employee Biographies 8
SoftBank Group Corp, Major Products and Services 9
SoftBank Group Corp, History 10
SoftBank Group Corp, Subsidiaries 17
SoftBank Group Corp, Joint Venture 20
SoftBank Group Corp, Key Competitors 27
SoftBank Group Corp, Ratios based on current share price 28
SoftBank Group Corp, Annual Ratios 29
SoftBank Group Corp, Interim Ratios 32
SoftBank Group Corp, Recent Deals Summary 34
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
List Of Figures
SoftBank Group Corp, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 31
SoftBank Group Corp, Ratio Charts 33