Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. (2412) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. (Chunghwa) is a telecommunications service provider. It offers mobile services such as internet, voice, and value-added services for 2G, 3G and 4G networks through pre-paid and post-paid connections; communication services such as local and domestic long distance telephone services, broadband access, leased line services, Wi-Fi services, HD video-on-demand programming; and property sales and electronic product sales. It also offers various products such as handsets, tablets, and data cards. Chunghwa carries out distribution of its products through owned and third-party retail stores; and sales through a network of offices, service centers, and customer service call centers. The company serves retail, industrial, and commercial customers in Taiwan and other countries. Chunghwa is headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Key Facts 5
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Key Employees 6
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies 7
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Major Products and Services 8
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - History 9
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2 Company Analysis 14
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Business Description 14
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Strengths 15
Strength - Research and Development 15
Strength - Mobile Communications Business 15
Strength - Market Leading Position 15
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Weaknesses 16
Weakness - Declining Performance of International Long Distance Telephone Services 16
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Opportunities 17
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Cloud Computing 17
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 17
Opportunity - Growing Demand for LTE Technology 17
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Threats 18
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 18
Threat - Stiff Competition 18
Threat - Fragility of Network and Collocation Services 18
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. - Key Competitors 19
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 21
Performance Chart 23
Financial Performance 23
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 25
Section 4 Appendix 26
Ratio Definitions 26
About GlobalData 30
Contact Us 30
List Of Tables
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Key Facts 5
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Key Employees 6
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Key Employee Biographies 7
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Major Products and Services 8
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., History 9
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Other Locations 12
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Subsidiaries 13
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Key Competitors 19
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Ratios based on current share price 20
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Annual Ratios 21
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Interim Ratios 24
Currency Codes 26
Capital Market Ratios 26
Equity Ratios 27
Profitability Ratios 27
Cost Ratios 28
Liquidity Ratios 28
Leverage Ratios 29
Efficiency Ratios 29
List Of Figures
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 23
Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., Ratio Charts 25